Skip to main content

“Pickles is my thing”

AH! I'm soooo excited. I spent some time today and yesterday completing 3 more craft projects for the party. I don't want to give too much away, since I want to save some of the decorating for the actual party blog, but I'll just tell you I got inspiration from here and here and I'm super happy with the results. It's going to be so fun! Anyways, I thought I'd take some time today to cover what we're planning as far as the actual party goes.

Games:
Stroller Derby
Pickle Cards (Snooki quote title in honor)


We have several friends who are not big on *baby shower* games. Eating melted chocolate out of a diaper or changing pudding diapers is not for everyone! I think these games hit the spot. The pickle cards are fun because they're sort of passive, yet fun while the Stroller Derby is more of a trivia based game. I'd take trivia over drinking juice out of a bottle any day, but hey that's just me.

Menu:
Ham & Cheese Sliders 100768110381933546_osrkL3YQ_f
Fruit with Cheesecake Dip 216454325809997530_uROSGAae_f
*PINK* Punch White Wine
Pink Champagne Surprise Dessert

I loooove these ham and cheese sliders and it's definitely a plus that I can make them beforehand. Also, I know Nicole cannot eat sandwich meat that has not been heated, so that's covered in this dish. This cheesecake dip is de-lish and makes me feel like I'm eating healthy because it's with fruit. Just let me pretend...

I have a surprise dessert that I can't wait to make. It's just perfect for the party. Of course I probably have too many drinks, but I feel like you need a variety and we have tons of leftover pink champagne for our wedding anyways. What could be better for a baby girl shower? We needed to work in some pink right?

I still feel like I need something crunchy for people to snack on. Any suggestions to round out the menu?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...