Skip to main content

It’s all Rainbows and Butterflies

How on earth does one come up with a “Rainbow Owl” party theme? Well…if you can follow my train of thought then it went a little something like this. I threw the idea about going to a painting class to Nicole (the honorable pregnant woman), who said she’d love to paint an owl or some sort of nature picture for the baby room. Unfortunately, the painting classes scheduled for July on the days we had available didn’t include owls or nature! If you know me, you know I LOVE birds, so incorporating owls into the theme was not a problem. Also during that conversation I asked Nicole if they had a theme for their baby room. She said they had no particular theme and were just going “rainbow”. Ta-da! Sometimes my tangential thoughts take me fun places. There’s surprisingly a lot of fun rainbow ideas. The ones below are too cute, but they didn’t quite make the cut for this party. Click on the pictures if you’d like to see more. Hint: some of the pictures lead to fun tutorials
90705379965628464_9mIgiO1a_f126311964518386515_5sn5lH9o_f126311964519303369_QFe3nlNT_f126311964518386028_kU1zVCz1_f126311964518394660_VCBKIkCI_f
I so love the idea of having people bring books to a baby shower! Look how fun this is. I wish I would’ve seen it earlier.
181832903674684163_4pH60NXO_f
Ummm just for fun….”whooaaa it’s so intense. WHOOAAAHAHHAAA. OOO YEAHHHHHH” “Full on double rainbow across the sky. What does this mean? It’s so bright and vivid!”
Hahaha okay I’m done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...