Skip to main content

We’re in the 3rd Trimester!

Well, I just got finished writing thank-you notes for our second baby shower, which took place today. It was so fun and super cute! Our neighbors were kind enough to open their house to many of our friends and Kristina did a great job setting up a Safari themed shower. Check out some of the pictures…
IMG_5973IMG_5967IMG_5963IMG_5964IMG_5968IMG_5965IMG_5971
We are so blessed to have so many supportive friends. They loaded us up with so many gifts for Eli including a stash of diapers, wipes, and lotions. We definitely needed the burp cloths (whoops, forgot we needed those), pacifiers, and bottles as well. We’re feeling much more ‘set’ for him now! Oh- I just loved this pillow we got too. So fun! I threw in some pictures of Josh and I just for kicks.
IMG_5998IMG_5999IMG_5989
Weekly check in?
Weight gain: I’m only checking every other week or I freak myself out. It does not help that I have been craving super unhealthy food. According to the books I should gain 10 more pounds before Eli makes his arrival.
Eli’s Size: He should be about 2 pounds and about the size of a Rutabaga or Cauliflower
Cravings: Mac N Cheese, Snickers, mmm nachos today especially
Side effects: Seeing stars, hip pain, emotional sensitivity, swelling
Wedding rings on or off? Off, and I am super sad about it! I’m going to shove them back on for our family pictures (they were rescheduled due to rain), but in the battle between my willpower (ah hem, stubbornness) and my swelling, my swelling is winning out.
Most awkward moment? Crying at work for a good 20 minutes, then having people walk on egg shells around me for the next 30 minutes because my eyes were bloodshot. My extremely kind client surprised me with a ton of baby gifts on her last day. It was both nice (how sweet!) and heart-wrenching. I was strongly encouraged to donate all items and I felt that was ethical in one sense (no conflict of interest, boundaries would be firm) but also unethical in a sense (she went out of her way to bless my child and essentially I would have to throw her kindness in the trash). I’ve never had anything like that happen before. We decided to keep the blanket she made and under $10 worth of other goods and donate the rest. I feel okay about it, but still kind of feel like a jerk. I mean, I can’t even send a thank-you note. I really really hope this doesn’t happen again.
Best moment? Seeing Eli move. Seriously. He’s been kicking super hard lately and for 2 days now I’ve seen my belly jumping. Josh can even see it! We recorded some of the action. Josh also spoiled me with some flowers.
IMG_5980
What we bought: Another educational/parenting book and new family car sticker from Family Stickers. Right now I have myself and Kito in white and Josh and Optimus in UT orange. Things needed to get fixed for me not to cringe haha. Here’s the final result.
fam
In other news- we finished up the front-yard decorations for Halloween this year. I think it’s my best work yet. Now we wait until Christmas, when Josh will compete with the Griswolds. We have such a creepy pumpkin-man that fell off before the pictures. Whoops.
IMG_5975IMG_5976
That’s it for me! I’m going to watch Grey’s Anatomy and maybe find some nachos. Have a great Sunday!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...