Skip to main content

Let’s Dance

So Natasha had a bit of a time finding a reception venue in her budget. She was needing two days of renting the venue (Friday and Saturday) as her decorator is only available Friday and the wedding is on Saturday. On top of that, the venue had to fit 220 people and be under $2500. Her husband’s employer ended up pulling some strings (yay for Nashville Blues Society!) and they ended up getting the Hotel Preston, but here are some other venues I ran across that fit the bill for at least one of her requirements. I myself struggled to find a place that met all of the requirements. Here’s my (Nashville only) picks for….
Best for big groups
Clockwise from top left; Country Music Hall of Fame Curb Conservatory- fits 400 for a seated dinner; Houston Station- fits 300!; Hermitage Hotel Grand Ballroom- fits 350; Ambrose House- fits 250

Best on the budget, but also holds more than 100 people
Belmont Mansion- Wedding AND Reception for up to 150 people for $2100!  (too small for Natasha, seriously, such a great deal). I wish I would’ve found this when Josh and I were looking around.

Under $2500 AND fits 220 people
Frist Learning Center ($2500-$3900) and Massey Display Hall ($1400 for daytime rentals; rents up to $4000)- both at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens (see pictures here)

The Cannery Ballroom comes close! $3000 and fits 250  (may be cheaper overall dependent upon time and day of your wedding/reception).

I think she seriously lucked out with her reception choice, but maybe my finds can help someone else find their perfect reception match.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your dĂ©cor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as dĂ©cor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...