Skip to main content

To top it off

I LOVE cake toppers. They are so many unique, quirky, beautiful cake toppers our there and I love almost every one of them. Josh and I had a custom-made love bird cake topper for our wedding and I still look at it and smile. For Natasha and Bart’s wedding, I’m thinking along these lines…
I love these custom-made couple toppers. Maybe not at vintage and fancy as the wedding is shooting for, but they’re definitely fun
Semi Custom Wedding Cake Toppers
This vintage cake topper is super cute, but I think maybe it’s too vintage for this wedding
Vintage Paper Rose Wedding Cake Topper
My ultimate winners? I adore these vintage inspired toppers. The fact that we can incorporate Natasha’s love for Paris and vintage inspired design with Bart’s love for music? Perfection. I would be so happy if she chose either of these toppers. The moon design is SO sweet but the Eiffel Tower topper my just win Natasha’s heart. They are super cost-effective too which doesn’t hurt one bit!
Vintage Inspired Wedding Cake Topper -  1920's Style Bride And Groom Nestled On The Moon in Sparkling Silver Glass GlitterVintage Inspired Wedding Cake Topper -  1920's Style Bride And Groom Nestled On The Moon in Sparkling Silver Glass Glitter
Custom Paris Wedding Cake Topper - Vintage Inspired 1920's Art Deco Bride And Groom Eiffel Tower - Silver Glass Glitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...