Skip to main content

Gobble Gobble

It’s Thanksgiving week!! Josh is home all week and my brother and his family are days away. It’s like a vacation over here. Well, I guess it technically is a vacation. Did you have a good week? Eli and I had an extra day together this week. We did our usual errands etc. but we also had a Starbucks, watched I Am and GMO OMG, made cinnamon rolls and did a bit of shopping. Those two documentaries are amazing. You should most definitely watch them. Of course those cinnamon rolls were supposed to be for mom’s group and I didn’t finish them until 2 hours after the event, but hey. It is what it is!

Ohhh on top of that I had the best girl’s day painting ceramics with my friend Aimee. I made a mug that will of course be featured on one of our Make it Monday’s at Polished Homemade. Speaking of P/H, I got to take a few photos of some of the most adorable babes out there. Meet Emma and Tucker. Try not to pinch their cheeks over the web.
               IMG_1515IMG_1625

This week I start week two of a creative photo editing class. I’m excited to learn more, but I realize I’m a bit all over the place as I find my ‘voice’. Here’s a few I did this week.
IMG_1356IMG_1560
Josh and I are about to head to church and then out to lunch for an early birthday celebration for his birthday. Poor guy, I’m splitting his celebrations into three days. Goodness. Now for the good stuff…

What we Bought: New boots for Wyo. They’ve been harder to keep on than his moccasins, but his raccoon shoes are now too small. MORE pajamas. He keeps growing! His winter coats are 12 months and I’m a little worried. I hope they still fit in a month.
Most Awkward Moment: Eli casually, purposefully, laying in Optimus’ drool to see how it feels. Ewwww!! I’m strongly considering making Optimus only drink outside.
Best Moment: My 2.5 hour nap with my lovely child. Good for me. Good for him. OR- getting a Starbucks. I seriously feel like a happier person with a Starbucks in hand. What do they put in it??
Useless purchases: Well, that gift I bought for the mom’s gift exchange was moot. Also I’m going to say this has been pretty useless. I just sit on the edge and soak my feet during Eli’s baths. Maybe I’ll use it in the future.
Invaluable purchases: Socks! I have at least 6 socks I can’t find the pair for. Sigh.
How my life has changed: I get ready in 12 minutes flat (post shower). My nursery rhyme library is quite extensive, and I’m becoming more obsessed with what’s in our food.

Eli: Week 45
IMG_1347IMG_1361IMG_1553IMG_1550
I love to crawl under and into things. For example, I like to crawl into the cabinets and media consoles and I like to crawl under chairs, my jumperoo, and under the coffee table. I believe Optimus is the best pillow and I am talking a lot. I can say (some semblance of) night-night, uh-oh, no no, dada, and mama. Mac and Cheese and cinnamon rolls are about the most delicious thing in the world and I am beginning to realize that the food I’ve been given thus far is sub-par. Whatever mommy and daddy have is always better. I am learning to high-five and use baby sign-language for “all done.”

Have a great week!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...