Skip to main content

On the road again

What a whirlwind week! We left for vacation Friday after work and arrived around noon on Saturday. After a few hours of rest we kept busy. We spent several days perusing Silver Dollar City, riding rides and eating delicious food. Then we went on to White Water, saw Jonah at Sight & Sound, had some family pictures with all 23 of us (goodness), went shopping and then headed back on home. I had so much fun seeing my family and Eli seemed to enjoy it as well. He had a bit of a rough time napping in the car seat and stroller, but he loved his cousins and he kept busy busy. He is going to be a little social butterfly I think.

After Branson we stopped in Memphis and went to the zoo. Of course he is too small to really care, but he enjoyed getting out of the car and walking around. He got a few souvenirs which he did seem to enjoy. I can’t wait to go back when he’s aware. You can even pay to hand-feed the giraffes. Won’t that be adorable?

What we bought: Cute little summer outfits, more jammies, an octopus toy he seems to enjoy, a texture giraffe book, and a little stuffed lion from the zoo
Invaluable purchases: our monitor, noisemaker app, and door slammer were all very helpful in getting Eli to sleep in a house full of 12 other children. Also- my nursing scarf saved me. Eli wanted to eat frequently and in public. Thankful for cute covers and tinted windows. My in-laws loaned us a pack-n-play that Eli slept well in. Oh! And- the organic sunscreen and bug spray actually worked great. Eli didn’t have any sort of reaction which is amazing with his sensitive skin. He also didn’t get any bug bites or sunburns! Yay!
Useless purchases: His water-float was way too big for him. Useless for now, but this time next year I bet it will be perfect.
Best moment: Taking Eli to his first waterpark. He was fearless and loved the splash park. He didn’t even mind that it was freezing. It was also nice having some help. I got to sleep in one day (yay!) and Josh and I got to go on some water rides and roller coasters. I also really loved seeing Jonah. The stage design was amazing.
How my life has changed: Well Eli’s very into tugging my hair lately so hair ties are my friends. I generally don’t like my hair back, but it’s better than getting it ripped out. We’ll never pack the same way again. I thought my little car would comfortably fit us and all of our stuff. I was wrong. Thank goodness we have the jeep. I also find myself having trouble being away from Eli for more than 2 hours. He’s my precious little son I just want to be with him.4

Eli: Week 21
IMG_8142IMG_8157IMG_8234IMG_8241IMG_8275IMG_8281IMG_8301IMG_8364photo 5 (2)-2
This week I went on my first road-trip. We drove thru Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri in order to make it to Branson. I did pretty good in the car, but I let mom and dad know I was NOT going to spend more than 5 hours traveling in one day. I finally got to meet my entire extended family. My cousins loved me and I got to spend lots of time being snuggled by my grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I went to the water park and fell asleep after getting rocked in the wave pool. I attended my first musical, but immediately began crying with the first note. It was way too loud for me! I started rolling from my back to my belly and I like to use my feet to kick myself sideways in my crib. Mom is terrified I’m going to get my feet stuck in the slats. I also like to practice sitting up. I went to the zoo for the first time. I liked walking around and getting souvenirs, but I slept for the most part although I did wake up for the bears.I constantly am chewing on something, but I really love eating blankets. I know my name and I love to smile.

Now back to the grind. Have a great week!
-Shantel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...