Skip to main content

The Long Way Home

Well, that didn’t go as expected. Eli and I had a little extra time and a little more company than expected on our trip home. We had planned on spending 6 days in Thermopolis enjoying our family, but instead we ended up at 10 days and only 2 of those were with full functionality on my part, as I ended up having an appendectomy. Luckily Josh came out and got to help and enjoy time with everyone and I got some time to rest. Then, instead of flying back from Casper we ended up driving 6 hours to Denver before hopping on a flight home. It was a big to-do, but it was worth it. Eli so enjoyed his cousins and running wild I’m sure. I’m still pretty sore- but every day is better than the last.  

Eli: Month 19 months

IMG_5724IMG_5740IMG_5749IMG_5730bIMG_0004IMG_0009IMG_0010IMG_0012IMG_0013IMG_0018IMG_0021IMG_0025IMG_0027
I say new words like… Eli, cereal, cheese, please, Shiree, Mimi, Op (for Optimus), hot
My favorite food is raspberries.
My favorite toy is my builder truck that goes with my blocks. I love to push it around the house and I sometimes put it on top of furniture.
Some other things I do include… grabbing Scentsy spray and pretend spraying after a diaper change, hooting like an owl, tweeting like a bird, growling like a lion, and meowing like a cat. I went to Wyoming with mommy to visit all of my cousins. I rode a 4 wheeler for the first time and absolutely hated it. I started stringing words together without assistance and said “bye bye daddy” and “Mom! EAT!” (mom was making me wait for lunch). I also started going to gymnastics -or tumbling- as Uncle Ryan says. I loved learning to roll so much that I started doing forward rolls over our couch (using the bench to assist me). I now wear 3T clothes.
A Memorable Moment for Mom was: when I decided it was time for a shower so I went into the bathroom, took my diaper off, and jumped in the shower. I also took a dirty diaper and ran upstairs to put it into the diaper bin.

Well, I’m off to binge watch Lost!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your dĂ©cor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as dĂ©cor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...