Skip to main content

Give Thanks

Happy Weekend! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I have SO much to be thankful for. I have the best family, who I’m closer to than most people are, even though I only get to see them a few times a year. They are so supportive and amazing. I’m thankful for my brother and sister-in-law, who let us tag along and go on their vacation with them. I had so much fun last week and got to relax and get a break from work.

Here’s a few pictures from the trip.
IMG_6359IMG_6340IMG_6458IMG_6463IMG_6466
They even brought us 2 boxes of baby clothes that are so cute I can’t wait to dress Eli in something new every day (really, I think he has enough clothes). Just check out his wardrobe…
IMG_6589
I’m thankful for my sisters, who are coming to visit and help after Eli is born. I can’t wait for them to meet him. How wonderful is it that I live across the country and still have so much support? I’m thankful for Josh, who is possibly the best husband who has ever existed. He is so loving, supportive, and helpful. He rubs my back when I wake up in the middle of the night with Charlie Horses. How awesome is that? If I listed everything he does for me even on a daily basis, you’d be reading until tomorrow. I love him more everyday and I know he’s going to be the best dad. I hope everyone has as much to be thankful for!

I’m thankful for my parents, who are here now, and who decorated the nursery and helped us get ready for this huge change. My dad painted this amazing mural and my mom has helped me freeze meals (6 down, 8 to go), cooked, cleaned, and helped find some great deals. Seriously, they offered to buy our crib for Eli as a baby gift, and we ended up buying a crib, bedding, a sleep sack, a waterproof mattress protector, pee pee teepees, hangers, and a hamper all for the price of the crib we originally picked out at Babies R Us from this small place in Franklin called USA Baby. I mean, I walked in and the first crib we saw was $699 and I just wanted to walk out, but we persisted and it SO paid off. And the quality of the stuff was so good! It was awesome. My parents, bless them, are coming back in a few weeks to help after Eli arrives. How lucky are we? Now for the nursery reveal…
IMG_6610IMG_6611IMG_6612
On his nursery door, the wreath his Mimi made; Over his curtain, his banner his Mimi made for him; his toy bin that his daddy made for him
IMG_6613IMG_6615IMG_6616
Over his toy bin, we put a map of the U.S.; our steal of a crib & bedding too; an E that I made him inspired by this
IMG_6618IMG_6619IMG_6620
Under the ‘E’ by the door we put his heirloom rocking chair, on the left of our changing table is his moose rocker and cute little owl humidifier; above his changing table we put baskets for diapers, a picture (will be of us, I haven’t picked it up yet), and a Scentsy raccoon that makes his room just smell SO good! We put our Ubi on the right of the changing table. I’ll let you know how it goes!
IMG_6624IMG_6625IMG_6628
This print is on the left of his changing table; The owl and rocker is on the right of the crib; above the rocker is our ‘O is for Optimus’ and ‘K is for Kito’ prints I made
IMG_6633IMG_6631IMG_6629
Close-ups of the characters in the mural my dad pained. I love it! Below is a panoramic view (pardon the grain, it was taken with an iPhone. Don’t you love the trees?
photo (3)
We still need to get the mobile in, but other than that I feel pretty ready! I even packed his hospital bag and mine is nearly packed as well. In Eli news..
We’re at week 34!
IMG_66372
Weight Gain:  31 lbs in 34 weeks. Uh oh- I better start watching my intake. I’ve got 6 weeks left (but let’s not start until after we go to the Melting pot, k?)
Eli’s Size: He should be about 4 1/2 –6 lbs and around the size of a cantaloupe. I’m hoping to see him Wednesday!
Cravings: pancakes, hot chocolate
Side effects: heartburn, hip pain, Braxton Hicks, breathlessness, swollen feet (boo!), nausea in the middle of the night, Charlie Horses, kidney pain
Belly button in or out? In, but just barely
Thing I miss? Sleeping through the night, standing for long periods
Most awkward moment? Driving up to (okay, trying to drive into) a break shop thinking that was where we needed to pick up our crib.
Best moment? Having my little niece and nephew run to the door and hug me when we arrived in Branson or- finally sitting in the ‘done’ nursery
What we bought: Last week? Just a few burp rags, socks, and a noisy toy for his car seat.
Well, I’m off to enjoy the rest of my day with family. We’re planning to go see ICE! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...