Skip to main content

Shake it like a Polaroid Picture

Well it’s Sunday again, which means I’m about to bombard you with pictures. This weekend we got a chance to take a cheese, wine, and jazz class at Standing Stone Farm and I’ve got to say, it was really fun. I had no idea you could whip up two cheeses and some homemade butter in under 3 hours. I’ve been planning to have a few people over for a wine, beer, cheese, fruit, and chocolate pairing party sometime next month so you can bet we’ll be making fresh cheese and butter for that. In the meantime, I’ll have to come up with a shorter name.

Other than that our weekend has been pretty chore-oriented. We did work in our weekly walk. Nature is looking a little less dead, but I can’t wait for spring. Here’s some pictures for your viewing pleasure (Josh even got in on the action).
IMG_4660IMG_4689IMG_4678
After that I worked on expanding my light & Lightroom skills. Optimus was a pretty good sport.
IMG_4695IMG_4701
Mmmm we also made de-licious pretzel bread with cheese sauce. I’ve made a few pretzel recipes in my time, but these are by far my favorite. LOVE them. The cheese sauce we just kind of came up with on our own. I was impressed! It was creamy and spicy and very pretzel worthy.
IMG_4704IMG_4706IMG_4708
Here’s the recipe for the cheese sauce….

6 oz Cracker Barrel Chipotle white cheddar cheese
3 oz cream cheese
1 tsp prepared mustard
2 tbl milk

Melt and top with a few green onions if you wish. Whala- pretzel worthy cheese sauce.

Ohhhh I also talked Josh into watching Downton Abby! SO good. We’re done with season one already. Seriously I’m about to renew my Hulu plus subscription to watch season two.

Our first small group experience went pretty well I thought. I enjoyed all the people and didn’t feel like I was completely out of place and/or overwhelmed by a slew of strangers. Here’s to new experiences.

We haven’t yet gotten a chance to run up to Franklin to get our glassblown paperweights, but I’ll be sure to put up some pictures next week when we do. I think they turned out fairly well but when you take them out of the oven (eh hem, not the proper term but whatever) they all look red-orange. We’ll see!

I better get to bed since I’m 85 on the inside. Hope you have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...