Skip to main content

For richer or for poorer

Y'all- it was a rollercoaster of a month. I would say so far in our marriage we've been blessed with mostly "for richer" periods of time. Sure there was the odd let's be really careful sort of month, but this month was so much harder than that. I can say if we didn't have a credit card some of our bills wouldn't have been paid we would have had to drain our savings. So many medical bills. So many surprises (fully busted car window for example). It was unexpected and pretty stressful, but God totally took care of us. I mean, I have no idea how we paid off nearly 4k in one month, but we did! I had extra jobs I wasn't expecting. We had a random 'oh you paid too much for your mortgage' check. The list goes on. I know we aren't remotely poor and I'm not pretending we are. I'm just saying- sometimes you get put in a pinch and you get through it and I'm so glad we seemingly are.

Week 31:

I like to stand up from sitting and mimik Eli when he growls. I love it when mom and brother clap and cheer for me. I hate peaches. I like to be tossed in the air and laugh at mom's electric toothbrush. I sign milk and wear 12-18 month clothes. I had my very first Easter. I found this Easter egg! I turned 7 months old.  

Week 32: 

I love stealing the remotes and clicking buttons. Only the remote that works for what we're watching will do- I'm smart enough to know if you've given me a decoy. I have funny breathless laughs and when I get going Eli thinks I sound like a panting puppy. I like hats and sunglasses- I won't take them off. I can pull myself up to standing and my head is a little too big for 12 month shirts.

Week 33:

I'm obsessed with other people's teeth and will pry open mom or dad's mouth to see what all those white things in there are. I pull mom's hair out and act surprised when she yelps- but then I get to giggling cause hey, I did that. I love standing and mama, and am the happiest when I can stand and hold onto mom. It sounds like I say 'dada' and I like to converse with mom and brother. One day I was sitting by brother and he had his shoes by our feet and I tried very hard to stick my foot in his shoe. I started clapping!

Eli: 

I told mom she was embarrassing me when she started singing along (quietly I swear!) to the song playing at Hobby Lobby. I say "Giant normal" instead of ginormous and I've been known to say "holy gosh". I introduced myself and brother as follows: "Hi, I'm Eli and this is my baby." I had my 3 year checkup and I was 40.5 inches (92nd percentile) and weighed 39.5 pounds (93rd percentile). I'm the size of an average 4 year old and should be 6'2" when I grow up. When mom is hurt I tell her I'll make her feel better by rubbing her back or playing with her hair- just like she does for me when I don't feel well. I call ear wax ear boogies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...