Skip to main content

Chugga Chugga Two Two

My project is officially done! Eli turned two just a few days ago and enjoyed partying with his friends and family. He ran around, played games, and ate a ton of cake. I can't believe he actually slept after consuming so much sugar.

I really enjoyed this project, it helped me be more present with Eli and really pay attention to how he was growing and changing. I will still be blogging monthly and probably won't be able to stop myself from adding a few Eli related details here and there. This year I decided to create my own happiness project. Gretchen Rubin did her own project (and wrote a book about it) which has been on my mind for years. The goal is to identify 12 things you believe may benefit you in some way and choose one a month to focus on. If it helps you- you keep it, if it wasn't so helpful, ditch it. My original January goal was to do yoga daily and I'm failing miserably, but I am meeting another goal of ditching coffee (boo!). So let's pretend that's my real goal right?

Eli laughing at himself on his 2 year birthday video- waiting for his guests to arrive

I say new words like… all done, kick, buddy, honey, upstairs, ice, self, come on, church, fix (usually "fix it daddy"), hurt, excuse me, pokey, what did you do?, belly button, Saba, yummy
My favorite food is pancakes
My favorite toy is my otter, hand's down. 
Some other things I do include…swiping credit cards at the grocery stores, singing "Eli Eli Oooooo" , and 'counting' to 10. I spent two days potty training myself and would tell mom "potty" and go. Only two days though, now I'm back to diapers. I only want to use regular cups, and I like to throw, climb, and run. I love love love family hugs. Every morning when I wake up and mom comes to get me, I pretend it's nighttime. I close the door, turn off the lights, and rock my stuffed animals to sleep while singing them "Jesus". Then I put them to bed and tell mom "shhhhh". 
Memorable Moment for Mom was: when we were at the park and I stood up under a bridge and hit my head hard enough to cause a concussion. Eli came over and said, "Momma hurt? Hold you?" I immediately thought that I have raised the sweetest baby in the world, but then when I picked him up he smacked my head! He's still sweet - he just wasn't in that moment. Another funny thing was when he was identifying all of his animals, and he's got 2 or 3 elephants, so he picks up one elephant ("Elephant"), two elephants ("Elephant") and the third one he says, "Optimus??"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...