Skip to main content

Loosen your Lederhosen

I made it! Two weeks of two staff members out and I made it. Now, I just have one more full week and I’m home free. Eli’s been sleeping a lot better this week, but I still am so exhausted. Mommy needs a nap. What did we do this week? Well, we made it to a wet and rainy Oktoberfest and had a very tasty pretzel-wrapped beer brat from 312 Pizza Co and, as always, the beer cheese soup from Mad Platter was yum-my. Other than that it’s been constant errands. Oh! We did decorate our house for Halloween. I didn’t buy anything new this year, so it’s pretty much the same as usual.
IMG_0175IMG_0176IMG_0185IMG_0182
What we Bought: This splat mat-trying to save our carpet!
Most Awkward Moment: So many. I successfully washed and dried a diaper…without noticing. Hey, at least it was not a #2 deal. Or maybe it was Eli drumming and scratching on my chest all through Kroger. I guess the baby sign language hasn’t quite stuck yet. Or it could be our daycare infant teacher who is likes cosplay who said she’d dress her kid up just like Eli if she had one. Oh! Or Eli being fully strapped in to the Target shopping cart, and yet somehow managing to turn around AND stand up.
Best Moment: Confirmation that Eli is saying momma!
Useless purchases: I think when Eli was born I thought these Arm & Hammer bags were one of the best things ever. You’d think they’d become even more important now that he’s eating solids, but here’s reality.
nobodytime
Anyways, the Ubi does such a good job, it’s really not needed.
Best purchase: This faucet cover. Eli is so rambunctious. He uses it to teethe on and to pull himself up on. But really, he’s hit his head on it a few times and no pain, no marks. Plus, when he gets bigger it holds bubble bath!

Eli: Week 39- 9 Months old!
IMG_0114IMG_0124IMG_0127IMG_0066IMG_0131IMG_0153IMG_0172IMG_0195IMG_0206
I like to crawl to mommy and pull myself up her legs before I tentatively reach my hand up, hoping she’ll pick me up. She pretty much always does. I smile when mom and dad tell me “no”, but it doesn’t stop me from trying to get all those wires. They’re so intriguing! I also like to bang on the computer just like mommy. I am convinced Optimus’ toys are better than mine. I went to my first Oktoberfest, and although it rained, I loved seeing all the people. I eat 4 jars of food a day (14 oz), plus 2 tablespoons of rice and about 33 oz of milk. I am growing so fast! I am officially out of my 9 month clothes. I give THE best hugs. I like to yell lovingly “momma”, so now dad is trying to teach me a new word (“dadda”). I love to strum my lips and blow loooooong raspberries. I’m starting to suck my thumb again. I am very coordinated with my feet. If I drop something I can use my feet to pull it up to my hands.

That’s it for me. Have a great week!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...