Skip to main content

(My) Weekend Wrap-up

My dears this week has flown by. We’re definitely wrapping things up with Natasha’s wedding. Can you believe it’s 16 days away!! EEK! I’m super excited for them, it’s going to be beautiful. I’ve basically been coming up with schedules, suggestions, etc. but I though I’d share these little favor cards I created at Vistaprint
favor cards
These are definitely just options and I’m not sure we’ll end up going with either one since we’re quickly running out of time, I just love the fact that you can order *Business Cards* and make them into whatever you want. This definitely would have saved us some time! And 250 cards for $20 really can’t be beat. Love it!
They ended up going with Milestone Pictures for their videographer, which is amazing and of course McLellan Style Photography is doing their photography (actually I think I forgot to mention that earlier). It’s just going to be beautiful.
I’m not sure what was decided as far as the rehearsal dinner goes, but I suggested these places….
Maggianos -  Dinner is $37.95 per adult and $17.95 for children up to age
Nashville City Club

Chappy's
Merchant's
Nashville-wedding-venue-reception-restaurants
Sunset Grill Starting menu for dinner is $24.99, lunch starts at $19.99 per person. Room rental come with a $3000 minimum in food and drink
Monells Starting at $24.95 per person
Pucketts Grocery

I think that’s all I’ve got today as far as wedding news goes. I’m going shopping tomorrow to get some of the smaller details. For now- I’m off to make some white chicken chili! Mmmmm









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...