Skip to main content

For the love

Well I'm behind in my life so this is all about the babies!

Anias: 14 Months old


I say new words like… “yuck", "please"
I have 10  teeth
My favorite food is blueberries
My favorite toy is my stuffed owl

Some other things I did include… I make car noises (blow raspberries) when I push cars around. I shake my head no and yes a lot and turn on my baby monitor to pretend it's a phone. I take clothes out of the dryer and put them in the basket and I walk constantly. Mom can't remember the last time I crawled. I tease mom and brother. I like to almost give mom a bite of food then tear it away and laugh. I like to take brother's toys and run. I play chase every day and love to go down slides. I wait until the count of 3 and then throw myself down the slide. I like to hide in the curtains. I was curious George for Halloween while brother was the man with the yellow hat. I held my Halloween bucket all by myself! I went to my first pumpkin patch.

Eli
Mom and dad like my lingo. I call the interstate the interstation, the remote the kemote, machines- bershimes, pot roast chalk roastes and reflections relections. I was curious about why we have a big toe and what all of our toes do. I call baby "little stinker" just like Papa. I was pretending to be a monster and told Anias, "You're an adorable baby, but I'm still going to eat you!" I told mom I only like bear hugs from Papa. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...