Skip to main content

23 and Me

November felt like a crazy month. I have been so blessed with more photo shoots this year and just recently (like Thursday) bought the beginnings of an indoor studio setup. Eli has had a good month, but the entire family has been sick off and on throughout, so he’s been a little cooped up. I definitely need to sign him up for weekly classes or something to get all that energy out. It’s almost Christmas guys! We just need to hang on for a couple more weeks.

Well, we have one month to go before this project is done! I can’t believe Eli is almost two.
Eli: 23 months




I say new words like… I love you momma, “a-on” (meaning off), tiger, fox, tent, machine, coffee, shoes on, pick up, Santa, Chuggington, tv, Elmo (hangs head in shame- I don’t know if we’re actually watching more television, or if he’s just more cognizant of it. We honestly haven’t watched any Sesame Street since early October)
My favorite food is I can’t say! He’s recently decided he “no like” everything he used to. I can almost always get him to eat a Gerber pouch- but everything from cookies to quesadillas he “no like.”
My favorite toy is any sort of train or truck- and Christmas ornament contraband, of course. I found a mini train ornament from the advent calendar that I enjoy.
Some other things I do include…tucking mom and dad into bed when they look sleepy. I turn off all the lights and shut the door and shush them when they try to talk. I still spend lots of time every day washing the dishes and washing my hands. I love to figure out how things work, and I helped dad fix my toy drill. Dad gave me my very own screwdriver which I used to fix lots of other things in the house, Optimus included. I love looking at my own baby books and point out the baby in every picture. I went to my first movie, The Good Dinosaur, and got my first haircut. I didn’t mind the haircut too much because they let me sit in a fire truck and car and play with a monster truck. I also can “count” to 7.” I love bear hugs and pretending to be cold as well as pretending to drink coffee.
Memorable Moment for Mom was: when, while at the grocery store, I pointed out our ‘friend’ Santa to which Eli replied, “No like Santa.” I guess I should have listened because that mall Santa terrified him into such hysterics they moved us along without even a screaming baby/mom in picture image.


-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...