Skip to main content

The Labor-Free Weekend

Hooray for 4 day weekends! I feel so refreshed! Our little family had quite the time. Josh and I headed to Evin’s Mill Friday night after shopping and dropping Eli off at his grandparents. It was amazing. Seriously, it was super cute, the food was de-licious, the hike was gorgeous, and Josh and I had tons of quality time together. I almost forgot how funny he is. For the record I did not believe a racecar driver was, at one point, president (a-hem).
             IMG_9160IMG_9196
Saturday was filled with more shopping, our first movie in an actual theater since December last year, and the first PSL of the season. We saw If I Stay, and although there was lots of sniffling going on, it was good. Josh even begrudgingly admitted that he liked it.

Today I started working on expanding my portfolio so the people at the silent auction know what they’re getting with their bid. My friend volunteered her sister and her family, which was perfect on so many levels. Their family is a-d-o-r-e-a-b-l-e, and it allowed me to try something new, with a range of ages, in a situation where the subjects were semi-strangers. Let me tell you, toddlers are harder than I thought! Davide was so cute, but he was more interested in running around than looking into the camera, which I can totally understand. I had a lot of cute pictures but these are some of my favorites that aren’t on facebook.
IMG_9229IMG_9229IMG_9242IMG_9346IMG_9261IMG_9282
There’s so many more that I love! I've got one more little girl on the line-up and then I think I'm ready. Now for this week’s check in…

What we bought: So many clothes. So many. Usually I shop and I come home with bags and bags for myself, now I come home with more bags for him than anything. We bought him a Janie & Jack sweater, a long sleeve GAP shirt and pants, Gymboree shorts and tee, and a Carter’s warm long-sleeve footie cover up for when we go to Wyoming for Christmas.
Useless purchases: Fake baby keys. The daycare staff said he liked them, but not so much (not even when they are cold). Hey, at least he’ll eat strawberry bit oatmeal now.
Best moment: Coming back home to our baby! I missed him so much.
How my life has changed: My hips still randomly hurt. I finally started having milk again with apparently no problems to Eli’s little tummy.

Eli: Week 32
IMG_9397IMG_9401IMG_9420IMG_9404
This week I tried to roll onto my belly while dad was changing me. It was hilarious and I proved it by giggling the whole time. I had my first full sleep over with my Mimi and Sabba. We had so much fun (except when they tried to take me for a car ride, blah). I got myself a piece of sugar snap pea and it was so delicious! I was MAD when dad took it away after I managed to pop out a pea with my teeth. My parents are too protective. All I get to eat is mashed food and puffers. Well, and Cheerios- but I don't like those so that doesn't count. My favorite books right now are Dr. Seuss's ABC book and my baby Bible.

Have a great week! Hey, at least it’s short.
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m