Skip to main content

Shark Week?

Happy Weekend! Our precious baby is sleeping in his swing like a champ, crossing his fingers hoping I’ll stop taking pictures of him. Can you believe he’ll be 7 months next week? He can look forward to more photos for sure.

This morning I got all amped up- ready to take the jump. I scheduled a hair appointment to have 8 inches chopped for charity (Pantene Beautiful Lengths). This is the before (and the after) picture. Can you believe it’s not long enough? The stylist said she can do it if I want a pixie. Um- no thanks. I don’t think I can pull that off. I’ll try again in December. Here we go again. Let’s hope Eli doesn’t pull it all out by then.
fail
So that was not the highlight of our weekend. I think this was the highlight of our weekend. We paid off another loan! Now we feel B-R-O-K-E, but next month I’ll have that extra money to put toward our debt snowball. Ok- I know we're not doing the snowball right, but we're doing it. We’re making progress! Nearly $71,000 paid off since 2010. It’s a long road.

debt
What we bought: Some Baby Einstein blocks. I still need 3 toys from this list to have it complete. Even if we don’t get all that though, I’m sure he’ll be fine.
Most valuable purchases: When Eli was teething this week he had a terrible cry! You just knew he was in so  much pain. Hyland's teething tablets worked so well! I'm glad our friend recommended them.
Useless purchases (for now): I did not need to buy an umbrella stroller months before he was even born. Also I bought a bottle assister which was useless. Eli can handle holding his bottles without it.
How my life has changed: I worry that I’ll hold Eli back socially. I go to daycare and drop him off. That’s it. No socializing with the other moms because frankly I need to get to work. If I have it, I’d rather spend 5 extra minutes with my family than making small talk with strangers. That being said, I don’t want him to be the kid who isn’t invited to so-and-so’s first birthday because I’m cold. Something to consider I guess. Also- last I checked I was 3 lbs from pre-pregnancy! I’m back in my old clothes! YESSSS!!! My body is definitely different though. Softer. I had always thought I’d be one of those lucky people who go back to pre-pregnancy weight without even trying in, oh, 6 weeks. I’m not. Oh well. I’m still proud of myself. That was a tough 16 lbs lost.

As requested, here’s Eli in his shark gear!
Eli: Week 29
IMG_8861IMG_8879IMG_8884IMG_8875IMG_8910IMG_8916IMG_8927
I have discovered so much this week! One night while mom was rocking me in the glider, I realized there’s a fox on my wall! I pulled myself from sitting to standing using the arm chair, spun around, and dove over mom to touch it. I had my first ride sitting in the front of the shopping cart and I loved it! I like to squeal in delight and blow raspberries. I have a new cry that sounds like I broke my arm. I reserve that for teething. Speaking of which, my third tooth is poking through. I sleep on my side and I like to give mom and dad big open mouth kisses. I have decided to shun cereal and rice, so dad tricks me into eating it. I can stand while holding onto various things, but I can’t quite pull myself up from the floor…yet.
                                  IMG_1200IMG_0264
Have a great weekend!
-Shantel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m