Skip to main content

Counting Sheep

Little man does not want to nap today. Lately he’s been doing about 2 hours of naps per day (2 half hour naps, 1 hour nap), which is really not ideal considering he used to nap for 4 hours. I was hopeful it was a sign he was getting ready to sleep through the night! He wasn’t. He’s just too busy for naps. He’s got things to do people. That being said, they may add Josh and I to this list.

My goal was to spend one full day in pajamas not doing even one ‘chore-like’ activity. I wasn’t able to accomplish that- but I’ve got something to strive for. Maybe next week! Ah- I’ve got a 4 day weekend coming on and a getaway with Josh. I’m so excited! I’m also apprehensive about leaving Eli for the first time. I know I’ll push through considering the place we booked at does not allow children, but I doubt I’ll sleep very much. Time will tell.

Our weekend has been full of brunch, naps, church, shopping (loved Bellevue’s Farmer’s Market), pizza, and marathon tv watching. Sure chores were thrown in there, but I can’t really complain now can I? There’s always frustrating things to bear, but I’ve been blessed beyond measure.

What we bought: Soft, leather-soled shoes from Starry Knight Design. I saw them on a local co-op, but missed the buy date. They are apparently thin enough that babies easily figure out how to walk in them, but they provide protection and traction as well. He’s not there yet but he is pulling himself up to standing so hey, we’re ready. I also picked out his new car seat. He barely fits in his anymore. I mean, it’s tailored for up to 35 lbs, but the shoulders are at max height and he’s getting close to surpassing that.
Invaluable purchases: Our carrier. We use it way more than I thought we would. Sure, Eli love his stroller, but walking with him in the carrier burns more calories and is easier to navigate. I do wish we had gotten one that is ergonomic. I worry about his legs.  
Useless purchases: I bought a teething bracelet to wear. Yea- he’s not interested. Which actually makes sense to me. I mean, I don’t really want to teach him to gnaw on people anyway. He does love eating necklaces though- so hindsight says buy a teething necklace instead.
Best moment: Eli napping in my arms yesterday. He’s such a big boy! Usually he falls asleep and I put him in his crib, but I just wanted to savor the moment. He’s very happy exploring now, so I don’t get to snuggle him as much.
How my life has changed: Let’s just say, no more dangling earrings.

Eli: Week 32
IMG_9098IMG_9135IMG_9122IMG_9129IMG_9119
I figured out how to pivot while sitting. This is perfect, because I like to see everything that’s going on. I tried to eat a fist full of Optimus hair that I was able to pull out in a deftly maneuver. I was so mad mom wouldn’t let me at least try some. I like to stand on the kitchen chairs and gnaw on the wood backing. They’re tastier than you might think. I will scream if I don’t get what I want (which is mostly cell phones, the iPad, and the TV remote), but I’m still the sweetest baby around. Screaming is still my favorite, but I’ve added d’s to my mumbling. Now it sounds like I say mama and dada. I’ve started to get on all fours and rock back and forth. Crawling is so close! 

Have a great weekend!
-Shantel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m