Skip to main content

Still Thankful

I’m a little late. Between Thanksgiving, having my family here, promoting Polished/Homemade and Eli getting sick it’s been a bit much to blog. But here I am, a day after Eli’s doctor appointment, more optimistic and energized. I spent most of the day washing linens and disinfecting pretty much everything. Poor baby boy. He’s got his 4th ear infection and the flu. I’m glad they finally referred us to to ENT surgeon to discuss tubes. I don’t know if we’ll do it or not, but like the doc said, we need to get the conversation started. He is SO much happier today than he has been, but he’s still whining a lot and is clearly still recovering based on his 3.5 hour nap and general lack of appetite. By the way, the doc said that she’s seen more flu cases in the past week than she has in 2 years- and- we all had the flu shot. Be careful out there!

It was so nice having family in town. I secretly love being a tourist. We went to ICE, which to be honest was a bit of a disappointment. Why is it so small?? I mean okay, be small, but be cheaper. We also went to the zoo, did a bit of Black Friday shopping- oh how I scored some 50% off clothes, and took a few pictures. I even had a little coffee and manicure date with my little 6 year old niece. She’s so funny! She got pink and gold sparkly nails that she was so proud of.

Now we’re getting back into the grove of things as much as we can. Josh started feeling better last night and took over so I could get some sleep. Coffee only does so much.  I go back to work (tentatively) Friday. I’m still PRN but one of the staff members are out this week. I can’t wait to get back into my editing class. Here’s a few pics of Thanksgiving!
IMG_1713IMG_1715-2IMG_1720
Don’t forget to enter our party give away! Today is the last day to enter. All you have to do is get your friends to like our facebook page. Whoever refers the most people gets our Glass Half Full package which includes
  • Custom invitations
  • Party planning with execution
  • Party photos or photo booth
Good luck! Now for the good stuff.

What we Bought: So many clothes, his first Christmas ornament, and a picture of him and Santa!
Most Awkward Moment: Welp, one day I had set Eli down in the landing where he generally plays while I pick up. Little did I know Josh left out a peanut M&M popcorn ball on the table- which Eli was eating when I came back into the room 2.5 seconds later. His face had chocolate all on it! I had a mini panic attack but he’s fine (and so is Josh ahha). OR- when our car was full and Eli desperately needed his diaper changed while we were in Home Depot. I decided to change him while standing up, something I often do at home since he’s so mobile. He subsequently peed all over his car seat and had to ride home in it. Boo!
Best Moment: Picking up my family at the airport! My nephew and nieces were so excited and Eli was very interested, but not ready to be held.
Invaluable purchases: TWO car seats. It’s so much easier not hauling it from car to car. Also this car seat protector actually preserves the leather in Josh’s car quite well.
How my life has changed: I’m not as easily grossed out. I will pick out his booger on the fly. Yep. I just said that.

Eli: Week 46
IMG_1734IMG_1906IMG_1745IMG_1787
20141201150641_0001IMG_2146
I like to help mom put toys and dishes away. I also think that toilet paper unraveling is about the most fun one can have. I wave and clap often, just to show my enthusiasm for life. I had my first Thanksgiving and ate turkey, rolls, green beans and pumpkin pie. I definitely liked the pie the most. I had so much fun with my cousins, uncle, and aunt. I found out that I love super hero action figures and have decided that when I grow up I want to be very much like my cousin Trevin. Mom and dad took me to the zoo for the second time, and I almost stayed awake for the whole thing. I also went to ICE and helped decorate my first Christmas tree. I weigh 21 lbs 11 oz and my head is too big for 12 month old shirts.

That’s it for now! Have a great week & stay healthy!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m