Skip to main content

A Day in the Life

I’ve been wanting to take on this challenge for a while now, so here it is. A full documentation of one day in Eli’s life.

6:40
Wake up, play with the blanket Mimi made me in my crib while talking to myself merrily (and loudly) until mom comes to get me.
6:45
Mom comes to save the day! After a diaper change, I cruise around, play with my pull puppy, and push around my chair while mom picks up. I get quite upset that mom won’t let me play with her camera.
IMG_2169IMG_2164IMG_2170IMG_2151
7:00-8:00
Breakfast! I have a bit of apple juice and some beet-strawberry puffs.  When the real food comes out I refuse it, thinking perhaps mom will relent and let me have some of her cow milk drenched cereal. She doesn’t. I finally have most of my pumpkin cranberry mix while sitting on the kitchen floor with dad, but only after he lets me try to put the cap on myself. I pull down most of my fridge magnets cheerily.
IMG_2181IMG_2179IMG_2182
8:00-9:00
Play with mom and dad, the puppies, and my toys until I start getting grumpy from tiredness. Have a little snack while mom sings to me and rocks me in the rocker until I…
9:00-9:45
NAP
9:45-11:00
I get dressed for the day in a monochromatic outfit my dad picks out. Get my nails clipped, try to sneak into both the dog cage and the bathroom cabinet, play with the window and Optimus. Practice my happy screams and pull down all the DVDs I can get my hands on.
IMG_2189IMG_2194IMG_2199
11:00-12:00
Church.
11:00-11:15
I just had to eat! So we’re a little late for church
11:15-12:00
Church! I love the music portion, but really really want to crawl, so me and mom decide to compromise. She stands and bounces in the back of the church while I play with the sound-dimming rectangles on the walls.
12:00-1:00
Mmmm mmmm! Mom and dad are eating lunch so I sneak a few bites of pizza crust and beg for a soda, which gets denied. Some day! I play with the broom a bit until I’m ready to snack some more and…
IMG_2201
1:00-2:45
NAP!
3:00-5:00
Mom puts me in some jeans so I don't match too much then I'm off to my new friend Tucker’s robot-themed birthday party! I have so much fun. I get to be a robot, play in a ball pit for the first time, try some cake, and walk away with my own robot rings. I get super jealous of Tucker’s quad and try to sneak away with it a bit.
IMG_2234IMG_2213IMG_2219IMG_2211
5:00-6:00
Facetime my grandparents, eat dinner and play some more. I have Mac N Cheese (which I smear on my shirt) so I am able to get out of those pesky clothes. Mom throws me around to make me giggle and dad puts me in my new hat. I manage to finally sneak into Optimus’ cage for a moment. Victory is mine!
IMG_2241IMG_2278IMG_2271IMG_2259IMG_2247IMG_2250
6:00-6:30
Bath! I put all of the shapes in my whale toy except the triangle. I just can't quite figure it out yet.
6:30-7:00
Time for bed! I get on some jammies, read The Foot Book with mom and a bit about Joseph with dad, then mom sings to me while I snack myself to sleep. It’s a good day! I’ll probably wake up once tonight, then we’ll start it all over tomorrow.
IMG_2290
Have a great week!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m