Skip to main content

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, it’s official. I got a letter in the mail saying that I am no longer employed. It’s very bittersweet and kind of odd having no safety net, but I’ve been so busy I’m glad to have those 10 hours a week back to myself. I have been on the go for weeks now. Last week was dominated by illness and this week has been total catch-up. I have a feeling it will be like this until the new year, but at least I’m busy doing fun things.

Josh and I are doing our Tennessee Christmas on the 19th then I’ve got my next gig on the 20th and extended family Tennessee Christmas on the 21st. I’ve also got a photo shoot plus our party give away which will take place while I’m on vacation, so I’m prepping for all that. For the give away we’re doing a Pearls and Poinsettia’s Ladies Luncheon with 5 courses. I’m hoping it will be very classy (and delicious). Of course I’m most excited for the dessert course, but that’s neither here nor there.

I’ve also begun preparing for Eli’s CAT Construction party. I’ve already gotten quite a bit in, but there’s so much I plan to make for it that I’ve got to get a head start. By the way, we’re doing a no-gift party. Of course he’ll get something from us, but we don’t want to set a precedent that he should expect gifts from friends. You know it’s always awkward when you’ve gotten gifts for your birthday from everyone every year then one year you don’t and you wonder what happened. Josh says he doesn’t remember that, but I do. Of course that’s probably because I felt entitled. That’s not even to touch on the clutter that comes with all those gifts. Anyways, there’s nothing he needs and he’s a baby so honestly there’s nothing he wants (besides the ability to play on the computer). Don’t worry, he’ll still be spoiled I’m sure. And if you still feel compelled to give him a gift we wont be mad and will do our best to instill in him a spirit of thankfulness.

What we Bought: His birthday party invites! I. Can’t. Wait.
Most Awkward Moment: Sigh. Eli likes to “help” me change his diaper by grabbing his soiled diaper. You can imagine what kind of havoc this brings.
Best Moment: My sweet, sweet baby cuddling his stuffed otter. It was the sweetest thing.
How my life has changed: Eli’s a lot more independent now. Sometimes I can just read in the same room as him (still have to make sure he doesn’t get into wires). The house is in a constant state of clean mess. You can only pick up the same DVDs so many times a day before you resign to the fact that Eli’s going to pull them down, so maybe you should wait until he’s asleep.

Eli: Week 48
IMG_2350IMG_2354IMG_2370IMG_2380IMG_2384
I turned 11 months old this week! Every day when dad leaves for work I bang on the garage door and cry. I just miss him so quickly! I love to climb things, and I don’t mind being in my crib if I think I am the one who got myself there. I like to “comb” my hair and “talk on the phone” with pretty much anything I pick up. I only like to eat food that I can feed myself and you can’t sneak one by me and pretend you’re eating what I’m eating. I know better. I like to experiment with putting objects in different places. Mom often finds my letter magnets in the fridge and pots and balls, paint, etc. in her craft-table mason jar. I think crawling over pillows is a huge challenge and I love practicing walking (with mom’s assistance). I am so nice I share my toys with Optimus by trying to get him to eat my blocks. I also share my pacifier by trying to stuff my binkie in my parents’ mouths. My San Francisco monkey is my favorite toy.

Have a great weekend- there’s so much to do. Franklin is having their Dicken’s of a Christmas, Bellevue is having Christmas events at Red Caboose Park Sat 11-4 (Winterfest by Hope Park Church) and at YMCA Sunday, and  A Merry Music City Christmas is going on through Saturday downtown. I believe they’re all free too. We’ll probably hit one of those up. We’re also going to look for some land (!) and I’ve got a brunch scheduled. It’s going to be good!

Happy Friday!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m