Skip to main content

Waiting with bells on

It’s almost 2014! I am sooo excited that we are 12 days away from our due date (and possibly our induction date, depending). I’m convinced that Eli will be here in a few days, or at least I was for the most part today. I had 4-5 Braxton Hicks today, and some of those were very close together- three just while I was at the grocery store. Plus, I’ve been nauseated since about 9pm last night, which I hear can be a sign. Maybe my convincing him is working! I’ve tried: foot massages, squatting, walking, taking stairs, eating spicy foods, taking Raspberry Tea Leaf Extract, taking Evening Primrose Oil, and taking baths. We also bought a fresh pineapple, but I haven’t tried that yet. I’ve been in quite a bit of pain today just walking around, but I am so excited that he might possibly be coming that it’s worth it. No promises, just me being hopeful.

I’ve been off of work since the 23rd and we’ve been pretty busy ever since. Let me just tell you, I literally felt physical relief the moment I walked out the door. I’m so glad to have some time to relax before Eli comes. We saw the doctor yesterday and she said my swelling and my blood pressure look so much better. I attribute that to not working this week. My labs were also perfectly normal! Anyhow, back to Christmas.

We did our Christmas traditions, like going to the candlelight service, ‘opening’ our Christmas stockings, and making a big ole’ Christmas Eve dinner of ham, broccoli cheddar potatoes, rolls, green beans and strawberry cheesecake cookies. Christmas day we headed out for brunch at Josh’s family’s home and did an extended family gift exchange. For that, I made cinnamon rolls for the first time in years, and they turned out pretty good. I’ve got to work on the topping in order to make it just like my mother’s, but they were still tasty. After the brunch, we came home and opened gifts while sipping on some Christmas punch. Delicious! So- basically we ate. I got Josh his annual cup and stress ball in his stocking, plus some fun stuff like this unicycle monkey/pizza cutter. For his ‘big gift’ I got him a desk chair with surround sound in the headrest. Can you guess which dog got the ‘Naughty’ cookie and which one got the ‘Nice’ cookie? Haha. Oh! I also found our Savannah ornament. All in all, it was great.
IMG_6784IMG_6760IMG_6757IMG_6785IMG_6768IMG_6790
Since then I’ve pretty much cleaned the house 3-4 times-driving Josh insane with my nesting, and I’ve been busy baking. We’re all prepped for Eli as far as I can tell. I even finished making this door sign for him for after his arrival for the tidy sum of $3. We had leftover wood, ModgePodge, string, and paint already hanging out at the house. All we needed were stickers (and I added bows). Do you love it? Inspiration seen here. I think we’ll use it pretty much all the time, even when the baby is not sleeping, as the pups bark every time the doorbell goes off. Don’t want to startle Eli.
IMG_6803
Now for the check-in.
38
Weight gain: 37 lbs in 38 weeks. Ah! I went over. Oh well, I’m still about to make some brownies.
Eli’s Size: He should be about 7 lbs and around the size of a pumpkin
Cravings: Pepsi, brownies
Side effects: heartburn, hip pain, seeing stars, itching
Belly button in or out? Out. He’s done cooking.
Thing I miss? Being able to do things without having to consider if my belly is getting in the way, even normal things like cleaning or fitting thru small spaces
Most awkward moment? Trying to get out of getting my progress checked…and getting shot down.
Best moment?  Eli going crazy during the children’s version of the Christmas story during the candlelight service
What we bought: We used some gift cards to get Eli a few Secure-a-Toy’s, a Molar Muncher, a bottle holder, a Razbaby teether, some pacifier clips, a stroller organizer for our umbrella stroller, and a changing pad cover. We also got a Boon drying rack,  socks, and a diaper rash ointment.
41XkQn1 7mL._SY450_41n1GL139mL._SY300_41AOH owVSL41kcCV5LJsL._SX450_
WARNING: MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO
Any progress? Yes! We’re 1 cm along with 20% effacement as of 11am yesterday.

I’m off! Wish me luck. Tell me if you have any ideas to ease him along.
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m