Skip to main content

So this is Christmas

Well, this week has been full of both highs and lows. On the plus side, I was approved to start taking leave as of the 23rd. Woot woot! That means I only have 6 business days left. Now, on the other side, I asked to start leave on the 23rd because they make us take 40 hours of PTO before our FMLA starts…and apparently the 24th-25th are not ‘regular’ business days. So, lucky me, I get to take 58 hours of PTO…which I don’t have. Not ideal, but I guess it is what it is.

Friday at work I started having some pretty painful Braxton Hicks that lasted a little under 2 hours. I was sort of scared, but also excited. It definitely made me think about how real this is becoming. Baby boy should be here in less than a month. Crazy! It also made me go into overdrive in getting the house ready. I cleaned the oven and cabinets and scrubbed the bathrooms on my hands and knees this weekend. I definitely am not as lax about leaving stuff around. In the event that Eli comes early, I don’t want to come home to a disaster. We just need to make it one more week! I also finished putting all my recipes into OneNote and Josh set up the cars for Eli, so we’re doing pretty good. Now we just to decide between a 529 college plan or a UGMA account. Does anyone have experience with either? Any suggestions?

Here’s this week’s check in…
IMG_6704 copy
Weight Gain:  35 lbs in 36 weeks. In reality I lost some weight since my parents left haha.
Eli’s Size: He should (still) be around 6 lbs or the size of a honeydew.
Cravings: pancakes, Doritos, Taco John’s potato ole’s (so sad there isn’t one close!), Dr. Pepper
Side effects: heartburn with nausea, hip pain, swollen feet, numb hands, seeing stars, Charlie Horses, weird taste in my mouth- kind of like you just put on some Burt’s Bees non-mint flavored chap stick. I’m not sure how exactly to describe it.
Belly button in or out? Out-ish (same as last week)
Thing I miss? Getting in a hot tub, running. It bothers me that I can’t run even if I wanted to.
Most awkward moment? Wearing non-matching earrings to work and not noticing until about 4pm
IMG_6735
Best moment?  We got to see Eli Tuesday and he is huge! He was laying kind of in a C shape and took up so much space. He didn’t want to show us his face, but we did see his little heart beating. It still is so awesome to see. Still blows my mind that this little person is about to be here. The doc said he’s looking perfectly normal sized, so no giant baby for us. Oh! I passed my second 4 hr glucose test, which was also nice. Eli also has his head down, which is a good sign!
What we bought: I bought some realllly cute nursing scarves. I got a bird scarf from AbbieGraceDesigns and a chevron scarf from StellaBellasDesigns Don’t you love them? I am so happy they don’t look like aprons. And, they work! I got them in already and they are awesome. I also bought some teething jewelry. I bought an amber necklace at the advice of some friends and also bought this ChewBead’s bracelet. I got them for myself to wear, not the baby, due to potential choking hazards. We’ll see how they work. We also finally got our mobile in!! I love it.
il_570xN.517767213_kqvjil_570xN.520292961_dfgb61AIsw-ctXL._SX500_51FPSUPgLYL._SL1500_IMG_6734IMG_6731
In other news, I finally got around to taking a few Christmas decoration pictures. Here’s our new addition, Mr. T Rex (plus other pictures)
IMG_6711IMG_6706IMG_6708IMG_6702IMG_6598IMG_6602IMG_6594IMG_6607
I don't know what's up with the picture of the stockings. On the laptop it looks differently. And this year’s ornaments…. from Branson, The Biltmore, and the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I can’t remember if we got one from Savannah or not. I can’t seem to find it, so maybe not.
IMG_6715IMG_6723IMG_6726
Well, we’re off to church and then to Josh’s immediate family’s ‘Christmas’. I hope you all have a great day!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m