Skip to main content

Snug as a Bug in a Rug

Another week has gone by and baby boy is still very snug. Only 2 more weeks until we’re considered ‘full term’ and I can start working on convincing him it’s nice out here in the world. I feel like I’m about 2 weeks away from feeling this way full throttle…

I’ve been so busy preparing for him to come that I’m running out of things to do. Our bags are packed (I’m ready to go…I couldn’t resist), our meals are frozen (we made it to 24 meals after finishing up freezing some breakfasts yesterday), I bought him the cutest scrapbook ever, the house is clean, and I’m even close to having my weird nesting stuff done. The weird stuff? I have to (for no known reason) finish putting all my recipes into OneNote. I also just had to finish our family scrapbook through November last night. Like, late night run to Michael’s stand in line for 20 minutes had to. Very weird, but I feel much better now.

We still do need to move Optimus which makes me kind of sad. To the closet with Kito he goes. We also need to move the car seat into the actual car sometime. The doc recommended doing it next week, so probably then. I have so many items designated for the car that I think his room will look empty without it. Crazy. Oh! His mobile shipped yesterday as well. I cannot wait. It is sooooo cute. 

Well, this past week I failed my 3rd ‘sugar’ test in a row, so they had me do another 4 hour glucose test. That was not fun. I am always super grouchy until I eat in the morning, then there’s the nausea and headache that inevitably come from drinking that disgusting drink on an empty stomach. Then you have to take 4 hours PTO from work, and they have a tendency to not be able to hit my veins (I think they roll). All in all, not a good time. We should hear the results soon, but I know I have an appointment on Tuesday so they may wait until then. The good news, our doc confirmed that we will get to see him on Tuesday, which may be helpful since one doctor is saying he’s small and our regular doctor says he’s on target, but may be huge secondary to all that sugar. Confused? Yea, I say let’s just measure him and figure it out. 

I can’t believe it’s December 9th already. We’re literally one month away from our due date! Eek!  Here’s our weekly check in…

Eli’s Size: He should be about 4 1/2 –6 lbs and around the size of a coconut. So, he’s still fairly small I guess.
Cravings: Mac N Cheese, hot chocolate in all sorts of flavors, donuts, hot apple cider. The healthy stuff mostlly
Side effects: heartburn- ugh the kind so bad it wakes you up nauseated at 3 am- thanks for ruining my love for barbeque, hip pain- again so bad you walk like an old man (literally shuffling) for a good 5 minutes after getting out of bed, swollen feet- but the Sperry’s do help. Go get you some. Seriously.
Belly button in or out? In-ish. It’s pretty much flat, but the top part has a bump. Weird.
Thing I miss? Shopping for ‘normal’ clothes. So many sales!
Most awkward moment? Almost falling asleep while having a conversation. This, sadly, happened several times this week.
Best moment? Watching the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Josh, drinking tons of white chocolate caramel hot chocolate. Mmmmm
What we bought: A wood animal scrapbook, a rattle ball

In non-baby news, I did my first photo session with non-family or babies this weekend. They still were my friends though, thank goodness. It was freezing and pretending to snow, you know, the snow that doesn’t stick, but I thought it turned out okay. Here are some of my favorite photos.
IMG_6686IMG_6657IMG_6688IMG_6667

Aren’t they just about the cutest ever? I was reallllly happy with how they turned out. Hey, I might be getting a little better at this. What do you think?
This time last year…IMG_4003 This year…IMG_6691

That reminds me, I need to take some photos of our house this year! We bought a blow-up T-Rex that just brings the front yard together. Not kidding.

Well I’m off, I hope you all have a great day! Oh! And if you feel like blessing someone this Christmas, there are Angel trees everywhere. We tithed this month by picking a little boy to spoil and that seriously is my favorite thing to do for Christmas. I hope to carry on the tradition and have Eli choose his own angel as he gets older. It might be the gifter in me, but it is such a blessing. I encourage you to try it.

-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m