Skip to main content

Give Thanks

Happy Weekend! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I have SO much to be thankful for. I have the best family, who I’m closer to than most people are, even though I only get to see them a few times a year. They are so supportive and amazing. I’m thankful for my brother and sister-in-law, who let us tag along and go on their vacation with them. I had so much fun last week and got to relax and get a break from work.

Here’s a few pictures from the trip.
IMG_6359IMG_6340IMG_6458IMG_6463IMG_6466
They even brought us 2 boxes of baby clothes that are so cute I can’t wait to dress Eli in something new every day (really, I think he has enough clothes). Just check out his wardrobe…
IMG_6589
I’m thankful for my sisters, who are coming to visit and help after Eli is born. I can’t wait for them to meet him. How wonderful is it that I live across the country and still have so much support? I’m thankful for Josh, who is possibly the best husband who has ever existed. He is so loving, supportive, and helpful. He rubs my back when I wake up in the middle of the night with Charlie Horses. How awesome is that? If I listed everything he does for me even on a daily basis, you’d be reading until tomorrow. I love him more everyday and I know he’s going to be the best dad. I hope everyone has as much to be thankful for!

I’m thankful for my parents, who are here now, and who decorated the nursery and helped us get ready for this huge change. My dad painted this amazing mural and my mom has helped me freeze meals (6 down, 8 to go), cooked, cleaned, and helped find some great deals. Seriously, they offered to buy our crib for Eli as a baby gift, and we ended up buying a crib, bedding, a sleep sack, a waterproof mattress protector, pee pee teepees, hangers, and a hamper all for the price of the crib we originally picked out at Babies R Us from this small place in Franklin called USA Baby. I mean, I walked in and the first crib we saw was $699 and I just wanted to walk out, but we persisted and it SO paid off. And the quality of the stuff was so good! It was awesome. My parents, bless them, are coming back in a few weeks to help after Eli arrives. How lucky are we? Now for the nursery reveal…
IMG_6610IMG_6611IMG_6612
On his nursery door, the wreath his Mimi made; Over his curtain, his banner his Mimi made for him; his toy bin that his daddy made for him
IMG_6613IMG_6615IMG_6616
Over his toy bin, we put a map of the U.S.; our steal of a crib & bedding too; an E that I made him inspired by this
IMG_6618IMG_6619IMG_6620
Under the ‘E’ by the door we put his heirloom rocking chair, on the left of our changing table is his moose rocker and cute little owl humidifier; above his changing table we put baskets for diapers, a picture (will be of us, I haven’t picked it up yet), and a Scentsy raccoon that makes his room just smell SO good! We put our Ubi on the right of the changing table. I’ll let you know how it goes!
IMG_6624IMG_6625IMG_6628
This print is on the left of his changing table; The owl and rocker is on the right of the crib; above the rocker is our ‘O is for Optimus’ and ‘K is for Kito’ prints I made
IMG_6633IMG_6631IMG_6629
Close-ups of the characters in the mural my dad pained. I love it! Below is a panoramic view (pardon the grain, it was taken with an iPhone. Don’t you love the trees?
photo (3)
We still need to get the mobile in, but other than that I feel pretty ready! I even packed his hospital bag and mine is nearly packed as well. In Eli news..
We’re at week 34!
IMG_66372
Weight Gain:  31 lbs in 34 weeks. Uh oh- I better start watching my intake. I’ve got 6 weeks left (but let’s not start until after we go to the Melting pot, k?)
Eli’s Size: He should be about 4 1/2 –6 lbs and around the size of a cantaloupe. I’m hoping to see him Wednesday!
Cravings: pancakes, hot chocolate
Side effects: heartburn, hip pain, Braxton Hicks, breathlessness, swollen feet (boo!), nausea in the middle of the night, Charlie Horses, kidney pain
Belly button in or out? In, but just barely
Thing I miss? Sleeping through the night, standing for long periods
Most awkward moment? Driving up to (okay, trying to drive into) a break shop thinking that was where we needed to pick up our crib.
Best moment? Having my little niece and nephew run to the door and hug me when we arrived in Branson or- finally sitting in the ‘done’ nursery
What we bought: Last week? Just a few burp rags, socks, and a noisy toy for his car seat.
Well, I’m off to enjoy the rest of my day with family. We’re planning to go see ICE! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m