Skip to main content

Run On

I keep swearing that I'm done running around, but my mind won't let me. I am seriously nesting and am super anxious to get everything organized. I made our shopping list to make 14 frozen meals, perfect for post-baby, but Josh is sensible and asked me to wait until at least next month. We also bought a table and 3 chairs for $40 and have been refinishing it at night. It's taking at least 3 coats of paint to cover that atrocious honey-oak, but it beats paying $600 for the new set we liked and I think it will be cute when we're done. Now my family and guests can sit together during meals. 

Before-and during renovation

My last big to-do was having 4 mini sessions this past weekend. I've been wanting to photograph families at the Batey Farms sunflower field and I finally got to do it. It was an hour and a half in the heat, but that's what water bottles are for. It covered most of the expenses for Anias' baby pictures, which I'm doing myself. I wanted to have someone else do it, but buying the props and doing it myself is about half the cost and hopefully will lead to more newborn sessions. I'm super nervous, but I've also been studying a lot and I'll have about a month to practice before he's fully out of that curly, newborn stage. I see these pros and stress, but packing up a two year old and a week old baby to drive across town and shell out money I'd rather spend on his nursery is not for me. Wish me luck. 

I guess the stress of the sessions combined with the heat was not a good idea. My doula confirmed that I was having actual, non-Braxton Hicks contractions. They lasted about 2 days total but with lots of water and rest they stopped Monday all together. I enjoyed photographing the families, but I think I was just stressed about the business side of things. I feel a lot of internal pressure to have everything ready for Anias and we're very disciplined with our money so that means spreading things out all the way until September. He has everything he needs, that's what I keep telling myself and I know it's true, it's more my Type A personality wants everything just so. Another lesson in letting things go.

32 Weeks

Baby’s size: Nearly 4 pounds and the size of kale aka the size of 3 dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts. Yes please!
Weight Gain: 38 whopping pounds- oh my goodness
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, hot flashes, dreams where I'm angry all the time, and maybe I spoke too soon about the nausea letting up- it's back and *better* than ever. Still worth it- and we're almost done. 
Cravings: Josh is out getting me movie theater popcorn this minute! I think I'll keep him. Chips and salsa (gives me heartburn, still worth it), cheetos, Dr. Pepper
At the doctor: I'm no longer breech and have my arms on mom's left and my legs on the right. I'm a pretty tall little boy
Other things: Eli keeps telling mom to go to the hospital so I can come out. He is very excited for baby, and points out other babies he sees. Grandma is getting super excited to hold me!

Eli


I like to tell mom where to drive ("This way!", "Right here!") and ask to drive on a daily basis. Mom keeps telling me I have to wait until I'm 16, but I have no idea what she's talking about. I said my biggest word ever, exasperated. I am very independent ("I do it", "I got it", "Eli's turn"), and like to do everything myself. I like to cut my pancakes myself, dress myself, and pay when we go out shopping. I like to give mom kisses through the stair rails and racoon, otter, and Deano are still my best animal friends. My new favorite thing is to pretend I'm a doctor. I made mom and dad laugh by eating messily and saying "Cookie Monster!" I also like to say "Holy Moly" and make my food into rainbows. I cried when we were driving and a rainbow I saw got blocked out by the trees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m