Skip to main content

We made it! And still no baby

The first 35 weeks I prayed Anias would stay put. I may have prayed a little too hard! Yesterday was Anias' due date. At this point Eli had already made his appearance. Anias is his own little man. We had a couple of days this past week where I was sure he was on his way, one in particular when I was having contractions every 10-15 minutes after steadily building all day. Alas, it didn't happen. I've been praying that he comes before our scheduled induction Sunday, but trusting in whatever happens.

Our doula was discouraging induction since I haven't had any progress and it is typically harder on your body to be induced. However, I need my parents' help and they leave the 27th. I really want to take advantage of help while I transition from being mom of one to mom of two. I had a rough time emotionally when Eli came, and I know that's natural, but I still want to use my support system as much as possible and I'm so thankful they are here to help.

Our doctor also said he would induce regardless because of my increasing blood pressure and baby's size. He did say there's a 20% risk of c-section but whatever needs to happen will happen. I'm feeling pretty calm and excited.

Anias Week 40

Baby’s size: 8ish lbs, the size of a small pumpkin

Final Weight Gain: 50 lbs on the dot
Symptoms:  nausea, acid reflux, hip pain, numbness, high blood pressure, PUPS (red itchy skin on belly), insomnia
Cravings: bland foods like chicken and rice- mom makes the best chicken noodle soup
Any progress? No! Still no
 Other things:  'Natural' induction methods I've tried include: eating dates, labor cookies, hot chicken, and Mexican food, swimming, squats, hula hooping, bouncing in the pool, walking up to an hour a day, taking hot baths, bouncing and rotating on a labor ball, watching sad movie, laughing, walking with my left foot on curb, caffeine, walking up stairs sideways, cleaning the house, acupressure points and massage. I didn't use castor oil because of speculation that it causes your baby to lose meconium in utero- but that's about the only thing I have not tried.  If anyone knows of a rough road in Hendersonville I'm in. 

Eli


I went bowling for the first time and beat my momma! I had a lot of fun, but was super interested in what it would be like to slide down the bowling assistor. I got in trouble for throwing train pieces in the air almost hitting Papa, and I said "That was cool cool!" I told mom after my time-out "I'm sorry for getting frustrated."  I like to say "honestly", "Mmmm delicious", "I don't think so", and "Momma, chill out."  I like to cross my legs like papa and my shorthand for mom and daddy is "maddy."  I got very concerned when I saw momma sitting on the exercise ball and told her, "Don't sit on that! You'll pop it!" I am interested in what happens when I eat, and ask if the food goes in my tummy or in my feet. When a car stopped for me in a crosswalk I said, "Thank you peoples for not running over me!" I also said "excuse me peoples!" when I had to wait in line at the drive-thru. I went to a balloon festival too! It's been a fun and busy week with my grandma and Papa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m