Skip to main content

Ahoy! It's a boy!

Six weeks to go! I am so excited and getting much closer to feeling ready. We finished our table...

And I only have 2 (ok, maybe 3) one more project until Anias' room is done. Aimee's shower knocked it out for us! I'm fully anticipating being overwhelmed, sleep deprived, and unable to function like I would like- so I'm also Christmas shopping, getting Eli's year video ready, and keeping up with Anias' pregnancy book. I know it's ridiculous, but it makes me feel less stressed which is good for all. Maybe when he's born I can relax and focus on bonding instead of worrying about this sort of nonsense (which is actually really important to me).

I mailed out my last session today and only have a couple blogs to go for Philanthropy Photography before I'm done for a few months. I have one watch me grow client in September and one in November, but I think I'm going to bypass my fall mini sessions until I'm sure he's on a schedule and he has something to eat sans mommy. I know my November client won't mind him coming along if necessary because we're friends!

Anias' props for his newborn shoot are also almost in- I'm just waiting for 2 more things to show up in the mail, but everything has been paid for! I feel sooo much better about his pending arrival. Better yet, the doctor said the pre-labor symptoms were normal! Let's hope he stays put for a few more weeks because no matter how much I hear he's fine, I feel like he's on a different schedule and is eager to make his appearance.

In other news, we're planning on taking Eli to see the dinosaurs next week, and hopefully I can be his fun mommy instead of his stressed out mommy. He's really a very good boy, but he does seem to get into the most trouble when I need to get something done. Maybe it's because he's feeling the changes coming? We got him a book, You were the First that we gave to him at the shower which talks about how even though things are changing, he will never be replaced. I just want him to be a happy, healthy boy.


Week 34

Baby’s size: About 4.5 lbs and the size of a cantaloupe
Weight Gain: 40 pounds- oh gosh. I'm huge and he's not
Symptoms: dizziness, difficulty breathing, contractions
Cravings: mashed potatoes, cheese sticks, loaded french fries with sour cream, bacon, green onions, cheddar cheese and mustard
At the doctor: I had a nice and strong heartbeat and am in a good position! No progress yet, which is good!
Other things: We had our first of two baby showers for Anias! I am such a sentimental person, and am super thankful for everyone who showed up to show their support and excitement for our growing family. Aimee did an awesome job hosting, from the invites to the delicious food and fun games it was an all around good time. Brandi and I tied not once, but twice when playing the games (we also tied at Eli's shower!). 


People also got to see our new house, and it was nice to make it official- like here's where we will be for a minute. Speaking of- the land still hasn't gone through, but it doesn't really matter to me right now. We wouldn't want to manage a newborn and a build at once, so hopefully we'll break ground in the spring.  

Eli
"Look at my hat", "Take my picture, lemme see"


Eli is hilarious and trying! He definitely has days where he tests boundaries every minute, but he is a sweet child who yells "I love you daddy!" every night over and over while Josh yells back from another room. He catches on to everything you say and will say things like "there's a pokemon up here!". He has an adorable vocabulary and calls stop lights "light stop stops". This morning he told me "It's done darking". He always wants "the blue one" of anything- ice cream, shoes, blankets. He is very observant, and measures my belly just like our OB Dr. Bellardo. He even has to lift up my shirt to make sure his measurement is accurate. We were at a movie and a completely bald character was on screen and he asked, "where did his hair go?" He wants to fix everything, including storms. We were leaving the YMCA and a church bell was ringing 10am and he was very upset when it ended. He asks every time we go to the YMCA now to "get control" over the bell so he can hear it. He's very imaginative and pretends to be a dinosaur. He makes his stuffed animal owl fly and fall, only to have his stuffed bear ride in on his moose to save him.  He is very into routines, and likes to have a glass of milk and a granola bar while he watches The Good Dinosaur every night before bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m