Skip to main content

We’re on the up and up

Well people, things are looking up. Eli seems to be feeling somewhat better. We went to the doctor Friday for his follow-up and they added a new medication to his regimen, but he’s no longer wheezing, so that’s a good thing. He’s also been sleeping a whole lot better and has woken up coughing less and less. I finally went to the doctor Tuesday. Turns out I’ve had a sinus infection for a bit. The antibiotics haven’t quite healed me up yet, but my fever is gone and the only lingering symptom is full, hurting ears. We’re on our way!

We had a pretty good weekend so far. Yesterday Eli woke me up at 6 and he and I made some cinnamon roll pancakes. Then we cleaned the house, did some laundry, and headed out to the Bellevue picnic. Heck, I even got most of my scrapbooks up to date! Only the video one is left. That leaves today wide open for a whole lot of nothing. I can’t wait to sit around in pajamas and watch cheesy Netflix movies (after church, of course). It’s only going to get better. Monday I get to go out for a girl’s night and…there’s only 5 more work days before our anniversary and Memorial Day! I got Josh the sweetest, most adorable gift from Etsy. I can’t wait to share!

So we’re getting pretty far along on Eli’s weekly updates. My goal is to do his first year with weekly updates all the way until week 52. I don’t refer to him as my 18-week old (nope, he’s 4 months), but it’s kind of cool to think about how close to 52 weeks we are. It really goes by so fast. He’s such a littler person already, with his own personality and energy and facial expressions. I can’t believe just a few weeks ago he was learning to smile. Now he’s a smiling, giggling roly poly.

What we bought: An iPad car holder. We’re going to try to use Baby Einstein videos while we drive and see how that works. I did buy another little tyke a book for this cute book exchange. Essentially you buy 1 book for said kiddo and send on the request to 6 of your friends and so on. If everyone participates you get 36 books for the price of one. That being said, I’ve been in a cookie recipe exchange before that was very similar and I only got 1 recipe, so we’ll see how it goes. At least we have Dolly’s Imagination Library to look forward to. 
How my life has changed: I can now shower in under 5 minutes. Might seem like nothing to you, but I used to treat a shower like a 45 minute steam. No longer. We also ventured out to the grocery store with Eli for the first time today. What a challenge toting 2 carts around the place! I would’ve put him in his carrier, but he was going to sleep and I didn’t want to move him again and again. I’m doing a lot better about taking care of myself. My nails are even painted! I'm only 7.5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and I squeezed into a pair of my "normal" clothes. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there. I need some extra motivation to keep going.

Eli: Week 18
IMG_8010IMG_8012
               Interesting, tell me more
IMG_8025IMG_8028IMG_8044IMG_8045
photo (1)photo 4photo
The man of steel! Holding my bottle, no biggie.  Hey Boo Boo, At the Bellevue Picnic with mamma

This week I finally broke 15 pounds! I’ve been trying to roll from my back to my belly, but even though I’m really close I’m not there yet. I like to be active, and will squirm around happily for hours. Sometimes I even fight sleep because I don’t want to miss anything. I’m really considerate when I wake up in the morning. I just talk to myself until mom or dad comes to get me. I only wake up once during the night now.I like to try to hold my bottle, but I’m not quite strong enough to hold it the whole feeding. I love to sit up (with assistance) and I’ve been doing a lot better with car rides, but I still wont tolerate a 45 minute drive. C’mon people! You can drive to another city in 45 minutes.

That’s it for me! I hope your week is going as good as mine.
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m