Skip to main content

Cheers to Two Years

It’s our anniversary and I couldn’t imagine how it could be any better. Josh and I are just spending the day with Eli, loving on him and pretty much basking in the joy he brings us. Our little family isn’t always easy, but it’s so so worth it. I bought Josh an adorable custom made family portrait from Henry James Paper Goods and he got me a Dutch oven. I can’t wait to make some crusty bread in it.
Print
I love that we got married during Memorial Day weekend. It gives us some extra time to celebrate. This weekend we went out to Red Robin, went shopping, went to dinner at Bound’ry (the dessert and wine were amazing, the rest of the food not so much), went to McCallisters, ordered in some Chinese, went for plenty of walks (as you can see we needed to burn some calories with all the eating that was done), and went for a jog. Today it’s all about the food again. We’re grilling some kebabs with grilled zesty corn and of course this morning I made raspberry rolls. Cucumber lemon water is also in the works. Hopefully after that we’ll take Eli to the park.

We were hoping to take Eli to the zoo, but he hasn’t been feeling good since he’s had his shots. I’m not sure if it’s from the shots or from the fact that I had a milkshake. Poor baby! At least he was able to get his shots. Friday he went to his third follow-up appointment and he was finally deemed healthy! Yay! The doc was not happy that we didn’t give him the steroids she prescribed, but it worked out in spite of us I guess. She was on the fence about prescribing the steroids anyhow, saying that he was “almost” wheezing, but wasn’t. I know we’re not MD’s, but I’m still glad we didn’t give him the steroids. I’m not super crunchy, but I do want to avoid overmedicating if we can help it. Now for our (very tiny) 4 year recap…
timelime
What we bought: More jammies (he’s outgrown some of his 6 month ones he’s so tall) and shorts & sandals for the cool weather. More gripe water of course since his tummy’s been aching
Invaluable purchases: When I was 3 months pregnant I bought some transition clothing that was a size up from my normal clothes. I’m so glad I did this! I can’t quite fit into my normal wardrobe but even fitting into the transition clothes feels like a victory. So close! It feels good not to be walking around wearing huge maternity clothes.
Best moment: We finally got in our car iPad holder and tried it out during a 15 minute drive. Believe it or not the car was completely quiet! Eli was attentively watching Baby Einstein with no complaints. It was amazing! I hope it works during our 8 hour drive.

Week 19
IMG_8054IMG_8061IMG_8069IMG_8116IMG_8120photo (2)IMG_6184IMG_8092
This week I realized I have puppies! I like to watch Kito and Optimus, but I’m not that interested in touching them yet. I went to the doctor for my 4 month shots and I weighed 15 lbs 5 oz. I like going to the doctor’s because I can roll really fast and look at that cute baby in the mirror.  I love when my parents sing me my own special song. It goes like this…”Eli James you’re a very good baby. Eli James you’re a very good boy. Eli James you’re strong and tall. Eli James you’re kind and loving. Eli James you’re a very good baby. Eli James you’re a very good boy.” Mom sings it all the way to daycare so the ride is more enjoyable. I love going for walks and I love bouncing in my Joey jumper. I look so cool in my little sunglasses and I giggle uncontrollably when mom kisses me right under my chin. My hair is getting pretty dark too! I still like to suck my thumb and my new favorite toy is Sophie the giraffe.

That’s it for us! Have a great weekend.
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m