Skip to main content

Shake it like a Polaroid Picture

Well it’s Sunday again, which means I’m about to bombard you with pictures. This weekend we got a chance to take a cheese, wine, and jazz class at Standing Stone Farm and I’ve got to say, it was really fun. I had no idea you could whip up two cheeses and some homemade butter in under 3 hours. I’ve been planning to have a few people over for a wine, beer, cheese, fruit, and chocolate pairing party sometime next month so you can bet we’ll be making fresh cheese and butter for that. In the meantime, I’ll have to come up with a shorter name.

Other than that our weekend has been pretty chore-oriented. We did work in our weekly walk. Nature is looking a little less dead, but I can’t wait for spring. Here’s some pictures for your viewing pleasure (Josh even got in on the action).
IMG_4660IMG_4689IMG_4678
After that I worked on expanding my light & Lightroom skills. Optimus was a pretty good sport.
IMG_4695IMG_4701
Mmmm we also made de-licious pretzel bread with cheese sauce. I’ve made a few pretzel recipes in my time, but these are by far my favorite. LOVE them. The cheese sauce we just kind of came up with on our own. I was impressed! It was creamy and spicy and very pretzel worthy.
IMG_4704IMG_4706IMG_4708
Here’s the recipe for the cheese sauce….

6 oz Cracker Barrel Chipotle white cheddar cheese
3 oz cream cheese
1 tsp prepared mustard
2 tbl milk

Melt and top with a few green onions if you wish. Whala- pretzel worthy cheese sauce.

Ohhhh I also talked Josh into watching Downton Abby! SO good. We’re done with season one already. Seriously I’m about to renew my Hulu plus subscription to watch season two.

Our first small group experience went pretty well I thought. I enjoyed all the people and didn’t feel like I was completely out of place and/or overwhelmed by a slew of strangers. Here’s to new experiences.

We haven’t yet gotten a chance to run up to Franklin to get our glassblown paperweights, but I’ll be sure to put up some pictures next week when we do. I think they turned out fairly well but when you take them out of the oven (eh hem, not the proper term but whatever) they all look red-orange. We’ll see!

I better get to bed since I’m 85 on the inside. Hope you have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m