Skip to main content

Are you ready for some football?

Hey everyone! I’m catching up on the blog after taking a week off. Last weekend we took a quick trip to NC (a gift from my in-laws for Christmas) so I’m running behind. We just came home from a Super bowl party and I’m going to bed in a few so this will be short and sweet, but hey my mom will appreciate it!

Over the past 2 weeks or so I’ve been working on a birthday calendar for my mom. I really love birthdays and buying the perfect gift for loved ones, so I’m pretty vigilant about knowing when everyone in my (humongous) family was born. I really want to make a permanent birthday calendar for our house, but it’s better to practice on someone else right?

This is what it looks like thus far.
IMG_4553IMG_4555IMG_4579IMG_4577IMG_4584
I used modge podge and scrapbook paper for the background on the ‘Family’ sign. It came in really handy and was easy to use in order to cover up mistakes. I just chose a simple modge podge package. It was advertised as being used for preserving puzzles, but hey it worked. For all the letters and numbers I used Martha Stewart stencils (bought at Michaels). The little wooden disks were also bought at Michaels. I chose to use white paint to designate the female birthdays in the family and black paint to designate the male birthdays in the family. I thought the grey used for the initials and numbers brought it all together though.

Josh is going to put in some hangers (I have no idea what the actual name is) for all of the months and then I’m going to hang the disks sideways. I made sure the ‘Family’ sign was 12 inches across but didn’t think to limit my disks to 1 inch across each. Oh no, instead I bought 1 1/2 inch disks. Oh well, I think it’s good practice and my mom seemed to like it. At least it was, and still is, a learning experience.  As for the disks, I put the dates on one side and the names (and initials) on the other. Overall I was pleased! I’ll post pictures when it’s all finished up.

We also got in our ginormous painting for the bedroom from Je at Art of Texture. This is what it looks like
IMG_4545IMG_4544
I’m hoping to add some emerald green curtains and accessories along with some grey paint and a monogramed pillow. I’ll post pictures as soon as it’s done! We’re making progress.

Other than that we’ve been enjoying some snow days. Opti and Josh played in the yard while I did my nails and messed around with the camera. A glittery French manicure and cuddling with my baby? Yes please.
IMG_4530IMG_4535IMG_4550IMG_4566IMG_4576
We also made some of my uncle Doug’s famous chili for the party and I can tell you it was a hit. I’m off to sleep! Hope your team won the big game!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m