Skip to main content

No one puts baby in the corner

So my sister-in-law and brother are having their third child this May and when we go visit I’m going to do a little photo shoot with props and everything. I’m so super excited to meet the little one and I’m also excited to see if my photography has improved at all. Since my last baby-shoot I’ve gained a new camera, 4 new lenses, a reflector, and new photo editing software. I’ve also read up on some tutorials (which explains a lot, like how you fit a baby into a little bucket WITH weights and padding) so I’m hoping I get at least a few good shots. I think the dogs are sick of me being in their face and frankly I could use more shots of people.

Have I mentioned it’s a girl? I can’t wait to dress her up! It will be so so sweet. Here’s some (yes, only some) of the props I’ve found that I just love.

She wants to do a big bow shot with baby and daddy.  For that, I love this white bow, but this green double-layer bow has that extra texture (I would probably do a different color). Then again you can’t really go wrong with pink or pink-polka dots. I do know that we are for-sure getting this huge flower headband. I seriously love it and so does Lacey.
il_570xN.240968653il_570xN.241781148il_570xN.332447864il_570xN.181267849il_570xN.293554781
Other accessories I love? Oh my goodness these sweet little ballerina slippers! Oh and this tutu-headband set ahhhhmazing. And actually I really love these little rompers…and these diaper covers….and these little knit hats (you can pick the flower colors).
il_570xN.371704719_k5dgil_570xN.395835652_ocy5il_570xN.358006157_31g0il_570xN.309945567il_570xN.370021682_dcr1
I’ve sent all the ideas out to my sister-in-law so we’ll see what she likes! I tell you, I may just have to get her the tutu set myself that is so sweet. I could just melt.

I also am going to invest in a poser beanbag, colored cheesecloth wraps (seen below), and will use a few small(ish) pieces of fabric for backgrounds and such.
il_570xN.422886558_spk4
I’m going all out! But it will be totally worth it if it all turns out halfway decent.

So for Lent I’ve give up…..facebook. I am still posting these blogs to facebook directly from my blog itself (hey my mom wouldn't be able to find it otherwise), but I haven’t logged on at all to see feedback, see what people are doing, etc.  A client of mine was saying how she gave it up for two months and it changed her life. I have noticed that I feel like I have more free time and I’m feeling more creative. Alternatively, I feel more disconnected. It really made me notice how little one-to-one contact I have with people, but that realization has definitely motivated me to go out and do more. It’s been a good choice for me for Lent because it’s not really self-serving (like giving up carbs and having the benefit of losing weight), but it’s highlighted where I’m spending my time and has given me more time to focus on my relationship with God. What did you give up, if anything?

Well, I’m off. Josh is vacuuming the house (and Optimus haha, He’s shedding) so I better pitch in.

Have a great day!
-Shantel

Comments

  1. I love that you're giving up FB for Lent! I didn't even think of that. I'm giving up meat...day 3 and going strong! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Linds! That would be super hard

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m