Skip to main content

Here we go again on our own

Here we go again! This time around I do feel less stressed and more laid back about a lot of things- I don't wake up a million times at night to make sure Anias is still breathing like I did with Eli. I try to limit it to 1-2 times, ha! I don't meticulously count his diapers, or chart how long he feeds, or any of those things I was so stressed about the first time around.

On the other hand, things can be more difficult too, even with all of the help I've had with my parents being here. I've been lucky that Eli has been able to take a nap the same time I finish feeding Anias every day, and apparently Anias has been napping at that time too so my fingers are crossed!  But- Eli, while he does keep me company and watch Netflix while I feed Anias several times a day, also does some crazy things which are hard to stop while you're mid-feed. He told me he was going to go for a walk and that he needed my camera to take a picture. Luckily one I was able to prevent and the other (taking a walk) my parents were in prime location to block. I wasn't able to stop him, however, from taking apart my pump or dumping my OTC meds into the bathtub which he filled with water.

Eli has been whining a lot more and waking up in the middle of the night and super early every morning. He has made it very clear that certain things are just his- like Paw Patrol is NOT baby's. He still is very sweet and adjusting well, I think, for his age.

Even things I've encountered before can be a struggle. I got mastitis again and it took a few days and some extra help to get back to feeling on the mend. Anias is eating so good, but then again he has lots of gas and has been having curdled spit up, so I'm back to trying to figure out what to eat to have him feel his best too. I'm so glad I've had help.

Eli has been pretty patient with me staying at home all this time. Our doctor told us if an infant under 6 weeks gets a fever they have to take drastic precautions, up to taking a spinal tap. Just to be safe we're keeping Anias home until his 6 week mark. We did 8 weeks with Eli, so it's definitely doable,  but we'll have to be cognizant of getting Eli out and about when Josh gets home every day.

I finally feel more like myself, physically. I have less pain and more stamina every day. I also feel like I'm starting to look less bloated and pregnant, although I did have someone ask when I was due 5 days post partum. All in all though, I just feel blessed. I feel so blessed to have these two sweethearts in my care- that God allowed Josh and I to be parents to such beautiful souls. I seriously tear up sometimes just snuggling Anias or telling Eli I'm proud of him. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but it all is permeated with a sense of thankfulness.

Anias One Week Old:

I like to cross my feet and stick my thumb in my binkie just like my brother did. I'm a very good sleeper, and sleep up to 3 hours at a time per night! I'm gaining weight like a champ, and am in the 72nd percentile for weight, 79th percentile for height, and 86th percentile for my noggin. Mom just saw an article that said babies with big heads are smarter, so I'm not ashamed! I laughed for the first time while I was sleeping which was adorable. I'm held all day long by my adoring fans.

Anias: Two Weeks Old

I like to sleep with the light ON, thank you very much. I have outgrown all of my newborn clothes and I sleep up to 4 1/2 hours at a time at night! You know I'm out when I have my mouth wide open while I sleep. I like to have my hands by my chin or behind my head and I almost always go to sleep when Papa holds me, he's so warm. I had my first bath and I actually liked it. I saw my doctor for the second time and I'm gaining weight! I now weigh 9 lbs 3 oz (68th percentile), and have grown 3/4 of an inch (8st percentile). My noggin is in the 91st percentile! Whew! I had my first cold this week, but I was surprisingly still a very happy baby. I said goodbye to my maternal grandparents today and was SO SO sad to see them go. 

Eli:
I am so sweet and tell mama she's my sweet girl. I told mom I caught a bird in the bathroom, only for her to find me moving her and dad's bird wedding cake toppers around. I like to play marching band with Papa and say "woo hoo Papa poo!". I am so funny, and said, "make a wish" before 'blowing' out my cheese stick. Dad got me some Paw Patrol toys, but I was kind of mad when I realized Rubble's drill wouldn't go through the table. I went to the zoo with grandma and Papa and I loved riding on the train, seeing the "ducks" (flamingos), and riding a wolf on the Merry-go-round. I also went to a pumpkin patch with them, where I played pumpkin bowling, got my face painted for the first time (I  actually sat still!), went for a hayride and painted a pumpkin. Grandma spoiled me extra by making me pumpkin cookies to decorate with Papa. I don't like my door locked when I go to sleep, but if mom and dad leave it I'll come out and say, "Hey guys what's going on" nonchalantly while I catch the grownups watching tv. I like to ask ,"How's it going?" and "How are you?". I believe that washing my hair makes it grow bigger. I know that Anias was the baby in mom's belly, and told mom he just keeps growing. Papa caught me trying to use a clamp on grandma's hand while she was sleeping. She's lucky I wasn't strong enough to see what would happen. I let people know that Anias is MY brother, and I help mom change his diaper or get him his binkie. I even helped mom and dad give him his first bath. I comfort him when he cries, and if I can't get him to stop, I tell mom to help him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m