Skip to main content

A whale of a time

We went to Jurassic Quest, and it was a total bummer. I don't know if it was the atmosphere or our attitudes, but it wasn't as planned (as most things aren't). We planned on a 30 minute drive to arrive when it opened at 9am, but instead we were delayed every step of the way. Instead of getting there at 9, we got there at 10:30 and spent $80 for less than 20 minutes there. Eli was excited when we left home yelling, "I hear the dinosaurs!" but after all the delays and waking up at 6am he was ready for a nap when we finally got there. 

He was happy to see the baby dinosaurs, but it was so crowded he couldn't get close to the interactive dinos and the line for the events were ridiculous. The rides and events were only going at specific times anyhow and there was no way he was making it an hour to wait in line for something he may or may not care for. We were done and everyone was on edge. Ahhh-life.

I feel like every day is a struggle right now. I'm so sick every. single. day. It doesn't matter what I eat, or what supplements I take it's just life right now. I'm trying to be consistent with Eli. We do the park Monday and Friday if it's not raining (Chik Fil A if it is), Tuesday and Thursday we swim, and Wednesday we go to the library. It's hard though. He doesn't want to get dressed, then when we get there he doesn't want to leave or he runs and I have to put him in the car and go right home. I know he gets the rules, he just maybe believes he's exempt from them. When he has to face consequences for his disobedience I tell him I love him and he responds, not infrequently, with, "I don't love you mommy." He hits me in the belly still on a daily basis, sometimes really forcefully.  I know every kid goes through this, but it does get tough. You wonder if you're being a good mom and that's not something I want to wonder while 9 months pregnant and filled with hormones. The tears come often.

Anias, Week 36


Baby’s size: 6.5-7lbs, about the same as a typical 38 week old baby, the size of a Leek

Weight Gain: 43 lbs
Symptoms:  back, knee, and hip pain; nausea, dizziness, numb feet
Cravings: not so much cravings, but things that seem to make me feel less nauseated are cheese, potatoes, ginger cookies, and hot chocolate- this is what I get for thinking people who gained a lot of weight during pregnancy were somehow irresponsible
At the doctor: Anias has begun descending 
Any progress? I had Braxton Hicks every 5 minutes for a minute long each on Tuesday. They were painful and literally woke me up and I was convinced labor might be imminent, but not a whisper since. 
Other things:  I really struggle to get things that have dropped on the floor and my belly is now poking out of my shirts. I'm just rolling with it though, it can't be too much longer. Well, actually it can because my doctor apparently isn't into inducing.

Anias' room is done!  I really, really love it. We also have finished preparing and freezing 13 meals and 7 dozen frozen lactation cookies. Our bags are packed for the whole family just is case.  
The view when you walk into his loft, his penguin humidifier under his oar table
Dresser with changing pad and diaper/wipe storage above, his shark bin for blankets (Eli loves the blue one you see, I'm always putting it back)
Keeping things fresh and practical with his penguin Scentsy buddy, his noise maker, video monitor, and Angel care
Undoubtedly my favorite thing in his room, a custom family mobile 
Storage-since there's no closet we used the old library bookshelves. He's got bins for hats, shoes and socks, lovies (above), swaddlers, and burp rags. We also put up a rod to hang his outfits from
I love the banner! It's a mixture of Mimi's banner from her shower, and Aimee's banner from her shower
 You probably can't tell, but the sign on the bottom left looks like this...

We had our second baby shower, a family shower put on my sister in law Gabriel and my mother-in-law, Tami, and it was lovely. These girls are so creative and the shower was so beautiful. I LOVED the banner and the whale cake especially, and the fishing rod dipped pretzels were so tasty. The kids loved those so much. I luckily had the help of my little cousin once removed, Blaise, to help open the precious gifts, and my mother-in-law totally spoiled him already with adorable hand-made shoes, outfits, blankets, swaddlers, lovies, and portable changing mats. He is going to be well dressed and coordinated! I can't wait to put up pictures! I relaxed and let my sister-in-law take care of it and she is so great at capturing it all, I know they will be wonderful.

Eli
My helper has his own camera 
I got into a lot of trouble this week when I drew on mom's new car with a rock. (By the way I was holding his hand and walking him to his car door, he was not neglected in any way, he was just being sneaky).  I didn't know it was wrong, and proudly told mom I "colored" once she opened my door for me. I like to pretend to read numbers and I say "kamote" instead of remote. I love Paw Patrol and my favorite game is to play fetch as though I am a real puppy.  I talk about how I will play with Anias when he is here and I like to ask if we can go see Dr. "Pellardo" (Dr. Bellardo) to hear Anias' heart. I corrected my parents when they incorrectly called a dinosaur a turtle. Everyone knows all reptiles are dinosaurs. I pray for mom's friend Aimee every meal and every night. I talk about Anias all the time, and tell mom it's time for the baby to come out. Sometimes I call him "MY baby."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m