Skip to main content

Anchors Away

I've reached my psychological limit here. I know people believe that babies will come when they're ready, but in my mind there's nothing wrong with trying to encourage him. I can't force him to come when he isn't ready, but I can surely make it easier for him, right? There's very limited evidence in natural induction remedies to begin with, but it makes me feel better- like I'm controlling what I can. Some snarky sanctimommy on a random forum was lecturing about how people are horrible mothers (even before their child is born) for trying any induction method and she couldn't understand why. 

Personally, I have been nauseated for the past 28/38 weeks. I can't sleep, I have been vomiting acid 2-3 times weekly in this home stretch, and I am just. plain. uncomfortable. My joints hurt, I have constant headaches, and I am a super grouch to be honest. I am so ready to meet our baby, and I have confidence in his size. As for his health- he's been shaking on a daily basis, and I would feel less stressed if he was here and we could just know that he's fine. Our doctor wasn't concerned, but I'm his mama and I am. There's no guarantee that he would be healthy if I just let it go either. Sometimes babies don't know when to come, and they end up with complications from cooking too long. Just saying.

I am doing my best to enjoy Eli as an only child. We've been swimming and playing and he's had a pretty big turnaround in his 2 year old defiance. There have been days when he didn't go in timeout once, which is saying a lot. He even let me rock him to sleep the other day. I know he is going to be an awesome big brother and is looking forward to it.

The good news is we are very close! I will only be pregnant, at maximum, for 2.5 more weeks. More good news? My parents will be here in 3 days! Maybe my mind just needs that safety net to let my body go into labor. They were the good luck charms for Eli's birth.

Anias: Week 38
Baby’s size: 7.5-8lbs, or about the size of mini watermelon
Weight Gain: 46 pounds- cue tears
Symptoms:  numbness, insomnia, headaches, moodiness, nausea and acid reflux
Cravings: I'm pretty much averse to all foods but soft pretzels, unsalted fries, and cheese
Any progress? nope!
Other things:  'Natural' induction methods I've tried include: walking, baby positioning techniques (forward leaning inversion, rebozo method, side lying release, cat-cow with swaying, squats, butterfly), visualizations, eating pineappledates, and spicy Chinese foodand taking an essential oil bath. Tuesday I have an 
acupressure massage scheduled as well.  I'm not opposed to trying acupuncture after that.

Our doctor set an induction date too! If all else fails I can look forward to September 11th (hopefully he would not come on that date, it's too sad). This was such a huge relief since his nurse prepared us to be pregnant for 42 weeks before induction was considered.

Here's a few pictures from our family shower!


Eli

When I pick out my clothes I always choose a button up shirt that I ask mom or dad to button alllll the way to the top. I talk about baby brother all the time. I ask mom if he's ready to come out yet, or if he's still growing and I tell her to go to any hospital we pass. I like to pretend Papa and Grandma are coming, saying I hear the doorbell and they're here! I love to tell mom we're safe and sound and I pretend to have contact lenses. I try to get mom to do what I want by saying, "Won't that be fun?" at the end of my request. I picked up a new phrase from mom, "They need to learn how to drive". I asked mom for mints to share with my friends at the park, but she said I'm the only 2 year old she knows who doesn't think Altoids are too spicy. I figured out how to get on Netflix from the iPad, so I can watch Clifford the Big Red Dog on demand. I think every plane and helicopter is on it's way to Denver, and sometimes when mom asks what I want to watch, I ask for the shark vacuum infomercial. I tell mom when I get in trouble, "It's not a problem."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m