Skip to main content

Hello, my name is _____

We're halfway there! We had our 20 week appointment on April 21 and found out the baby's gender. We know, but hey, we're not telling. I ordered some adorable gender announcements that we sent out to family and will let our closest friends know before the whole world, but I will wholeheartedly share our chosen names.

Our Girl Name is...
Elodie pronounced like Melody without the M, meaning "foreign riches", chosen to honor my grandmother Eloise Ann meaning Favored, Grace, chosen to honor Josh's maternal grandmother Mary Ann 

If you've been following since our first pregnancy, you'll remember that this was our first pick for a girl back in 2013. Marielle Vi was a strong contender as well, since Marielle is a derision of Mary (again, Josh's grandmother) and Vi was a reference to my mother's middle name Virgine. The only reason we didn't go with this one is that her nickname would be Mary, and I'm just not a fan of that name all alone.

Other Considerations
  • Una Jayne
  • Poppy Grace
  • Rilo Lynne
  • Florence Faith
  • Esme Christabel 

Our boy name is...
Anias  pronounced "an-eye-is" meaning God answers Solomon meaning peace

Josh and I originally agreed to name the baby Solomon Finn if it was a boy, but then I had a dream. In the dream I was handed a baby boy and a voice said "Anias". "Anias?" I said, being very confused since this was not a name we had chosen, but then I accepted it and started playing with middle names. When I woke up I told Josh about the dream and he laughed asking where I had heard the name. As far as I know, I had never heard the name before the dream. It's popularity rank is near the 6000's. Anyhow, we both loved the name, the meaning, and the significance to us.

Other Considerations
  • Judah Elliot
  • Jonas Lee
  • Titus Ash
  • Silas Graham
  • Enoch Atticus
  • Ansel Everett

Week 20
 Sucking her/his thumb


Baby's Size:  banana, a whopping 14 oz 
Symptoms: I still feel sick often, but not as often as I was apparently, because this week I actually wore real clothes and left the house every day. I'm so massive clothes I wore until Eli was born are getting a little tight to be honest. 
Weight gain: 23 pounds
At the doctor: baby's heart rate was 147, s/he was looking like the picture of health


In other news, we're moving in 16 days. We've begun packing up and only have the bare minimum left. They originally told us we would not meet our deadline of May 12 for building the townhouse we'll live in until our land closes and we build our forever house. My in-laws are moving too, so we bought tickets for Eli and I to go to Wyoming for a bit, but now I need to stay here. We'll figure it all out, but there's just a lot of things up in the air. I told Eli we're building a new house up by his Mimi, Saba and uncle Micah and he was very excited and pretty much wants to move right now. I haven't told him yet that Optimus won't be going with us. I know that will be very hard for him, but Optimus is having some elderly dog issues that require me to take him outside at least 3 times a day. With a baby and a toddler and no yard I just don't think it's manageable. Luckily we found a mastiff dog rescue who already found him another home with children and another mastiff. I think he will be very happy there, but we are still pretty sad.

Eli

I take after my momma and like to run out of the house. I wait until mom or dad is busy, break of the baby lock and manually unlock the deadbolt and the turn style lock on the door then I make a run for it. The alarm almost always gives me away, but if it doesn't I ring the door bell. Too bad mom won't let me take myself for walks. I like to sit in the baby's seat and I love to hold onto Optimus' leash during walks. I scared myself by springing a mouse trap in the garage. Curiosity makes my life interesting. I wake up my parents in the middle of the night laughing in my sleep or humming myself back to sleep. I make up my own songs like singing to my stuffed otter "Otter otter little star" and I like to incorporate book lines into my day, like telling mom, "Momma, momma, I went to town!"
I like to say "just a second," "in a minute", and "see you later!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m