Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

Heads up- I wrote this yesterday but was a good girl and didn’t finish it until I finished my work! *

What a day! We just got home, 29 hours later than anticipated. Our flight got cancelled, Eli got an ear/eye infection, we went straight from the airport to the Urgicare, and it just wasn’t as planned. A very little amount of sleep and a lot of coffee got me through the past 48 hours. But- if that’s all I have to complain about then I’ve got it pretty good.

We had family to sit with us while we waited during our 6 hour delay from Riverton, we were able to see a pediatrician on New Year’s Eve, my mother-in-law got our pups from boarding and brought them to our house so we didn’t have to make an extra trip, our pharmacy is 24/7. Hey- not bad.
I’ve got so much to do- 40 more pictures to edit and get out by tomorrow, three business blogs, follow-ups with two clients, editing pictures from my Pearls and Poinsettia’s party and my sister’s family photo shoot, invitations to get out, groceries to get, and a few more projects for Eli’s party. BUT- I feel like if I don’t blog right this second it will escape me- those memories.

Before I get into it, let me just say I don’t want to hear about your new year’s resolution to lose 20 lbs unless it’s for your health. Wow that was harsh right? Here’s where I’m coming from. We live in a world that tells you that if you were richer, thinner, prettier, more fun, you’d be happier. So, we go around trying to fit this mold, lose ourselves, and still are not happy. I remember obsessing over my weight until I reached a very specific numerical weight goal. I truly believed I would reach my full potential if I just had that self-control. Somehow I would be more confident and therefore more loved, right? Wrong. I reached that goal and decided that I needed to be even thinner. I was more insecure! So what I’m saying is- Strive to be your best, strive to grow. Be healthy, be happy, but don’t buy into the idea that you aren’t enough as is. I am as happier now than I was when I bought into that lie. Respect yourself and your body.

My New Year’s resolution is more of the same. Enjoy life, be present, be thankful, learn more. I wish the same for you too!

Eli: Week 50
IMG_3085IMG_3095IMG_3103IMG_3127IMG_3136IMG_3157IMG_3159IMG_3446IMG_3448IMG_3462IMG_3457IMG_3449IMG_3453IMG_3122IMG_3119
This week I went to Wyoming to see some of my family for Christmas! I was very good on the plane, and I particularly liked to stand up and let the air conditioner blow my hair. It made me laugh and laugh. It snowed 16 inches in Thermopolis and I was mesmerized! I went sledding for the first time which I felt pretty neutral about. Sometimes I liked it, but sometimes I didn’t, like when dad sprayed my face with snow when he was trying to stop the sled with his feet. I did like going for walks in the snow and the cold didn’t bother me at all. I must have been a good boy, because I was spoiled by Santa, Mimi & Sabba, my aunts and uncles, and PaPaw and Grandma. I got not one, but two rider cars- a blue and a red one- so now I get to pick my mode of transportation based on my mood. I also got some blocks, bath toys, three new jammies, and tons of CAT toys during my Wyoming birthday party. For the birthday party I got to spend the day with my cousins, who made me a banner, ate homemade ice cream that PaPaw Joe made, and had a delicious German chocolate smash cake that grandma made. It was so good I was too wired to sleep for two hours after my bedtime. I like to walk on my knees, I figured out how to get down stairs by myself, and I learned to say ‘PaPaw’. I have at least 7 teeth now (mom thinks maybe even 8) and I like to crawl into boxes.

Hope you had a great Christmas & Happy New Year!
-Shantel









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m