Skip to main content

Choo Choo!

Well, Josh and I just got back from our mini vacation in Chattanooga. We stayed at the Chattanooga Choo Choo, had some amazing steaks at Hennen’s, went to the aquarium, took a ride on a train, and basically pigged out. It was nice!

Here’s a few of my favorite pictures from the trip to the aquarium
IMG_6123                     IMG_6114IMG_6137IMG_6144
This past week was a busy one. I had two doctor appointments, as I failed my 1 hr glucose test. The doc concluded that I don’t have gestational diabetes, but I do eat too many carbs and not enough protein, so basically my glucose levels are not stable. Come to think of it, I don’t eat a lot of protein. Even when we make meals with chicken or beef, I usually eat around it and basically just eat the pasta or whatever carb it is mixed with. I’ve seriously had to think about what I order/make before eating. I know I should’ve been better about that this whole pregnancy, but it’s so hard when it sounds disgusting.  This week’s check in…

Weight Gain: 25 lbs in 29 weeks
Eli’s Size: He should be about 2 and 3/4 pounds, or about the size of an acorn squash. I didn’t get to see him at our last appointment, but I really feel like he’s on the bigger side (maybe 3 lbs?)
Cravings: chocolate, donuts, anything unhealthy
Side effects: heartburn, Charlie horses, hip pain, seeing stars, forgetfulness
Wedding rings on or off? Still off. I think I’ve given up until Eli is here
Most awkward moment? Getting winded at work (it only happens when I have to speak for long periods….which I do every work day) and having a client ask if I was about to vomit. I know other people experience this, but it’s seriously weird, and hard to explain to people I’m supposed to be treating. 
Best moment? My sister finding cheap tickets to come visit us after we have the baby!! Also, just relaxing with Josh on our mini vacation. I loved everything about it, but the best part was just being able to chat and relax without distractions. The food was pretty good too! Speaking of which, I could totally use another white chocolate hot chocolate right about now.
What we bought: Don’t judge me I just got paid! I got him this really cute moose boppy cover, his forest animal mobile, and a door silencer.
il_570xN.450915022_fa81il_570xN.450169955_9n3nil_570xN.450939944_63j9
He also got many sweet presents from people including this realllly cute Mario onesie, an owl humidifier, and his very first monogrammed gifts! My mom got him a sock monkey soother and sock monkey towel set that is personalized just for him! I’m super excited.
IMG_6185IMG_6187IMG_6194IMG_6190IMG_6193IMG_6183
Well, I’m off! I made some Golushki earlier today that I might just munch on. Have a great week!!
-Shantel
photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m