Skip to main content

This week in baby news…

Good morning! Well, now afternoon. This post comes to you while Optimus is lying on my lap. I think he knows his lap time is limited.
photo (2)
Baby Belcher is now 24 weeks and 3 days along.  We had our checkup this past Tuesday and everything is still looking good! It was our first appointment where we weren’t able to see him, so that was a little sad, but next time we should get a peek. I have to do my glucose test and I am NOT excited about it. At least it will be over quickly.

Here’s me representing the Broncos! I know they aren’t playing today, but I have to work tomorrow and this does not meet business casual standards. I’m trying to convince Eli in utero to be a Broncos fan. We’ll see if they win him over, as you know he’ll get plenty of push from his daddy to be a Titan’s fan.
            IMG_5901IMG_5907
Eli is now officially “viable” so that takes some stress off. I’ve been having some anxiety that I’ll hurt him somehow because I cannot stop sleeping on my back. I fall asleep on my side, but almost always wake up on my back. I don’t know how you change that. Even when using the Snoogle I somehow flip over to my back. Everyday I feel him move, so he’s still getting enough of what he needs at least. Other updates….

Weight gain: 15.5lb goodness gracious! I’m catching up quickly
Eli’s Size: He should be about 1 1/3 pounds and about the size of an ear of corn right now.
Cravings: Buffalo chicken with blue cheese dip, Funyons, Starbuck’s Pumpkin spice latte’s 
Side effects: nausea for 3 days this week (perhaps a slight bug?), heartburn, foot cramps/Charlie horses, round-belly pain, hip pain. Hey at least the sciatic pain is gone this week! And… I’m still sleeping pretty well.
Wedding rings on or off? On, most of the time, I take them off at night sometimes because of some minor swelling.
Most awkward moment? A client rubbing my belly for a good minute-with both hands- *shudder*. She is so sweet I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, so I just stepped back.
Best moment? Either confirming tickets for our family vacation in Branson or getting Eli’s (and mine) Halloween costume in. I can’t wait to share it with you…in a month. Oh! Or- getting our invite to our 2nd baby shower in the mail. They were so cute!
What we bought: We got in some milk storage bags (boring), his bumbo, and his little play mat. For me? I got these cheetah print Sperry’s. Hey, they’re for him too right? Mom’s got to be comfortable.
IMG_5911IMG_5914IMG_5913
Here’s months 3, 4, 5, and 6!
IMG_2IMG_5602IMG_5663IMG_5901
This week was extremely busy. At work we have pretty much quadrupled our clientele in the past 3 months and are now expecting to expand to 5x our original size as of this coming Monday. So- that meant we had to break up our groups, familiarize ourselves with new curriculum, etc. all the while doing our ‘regular’ job. This is a good problem to have, but it’s been a little stressful. To cope with the stress, Josh and I planned a date last night, but we ended up cancelling due to Josh feeling ill. So we planned a second date today…which did not work out because it was closed! I need to relax.

On the plus side, I did get a little girl time with my friend Aimee yesterday. We went to brunch at Panera before heading to Fired Up to paint some coffee mugs. One of the mugs I thought ended up cute, one of them ended up….yeah… Anyways, I should get them back next week sometime. I decided to get my co-workers some coffee mugs and fill them with homemade vanilla latte soap for Christmas. Yes, it’s September. I just love gift giving! They all have birthdays coming in October, so I’ll show you those little gifts when the time comes.

Well, I’m off to nap. I hope you have a wonderful day!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m