Skip to main content

Hellooooo Fall

It’s almost October! This morning I bought some pureed pumpkin to make some fall treats and tonight we’re going to decorate the yard for Halloween. I can not wait. I just love October.

We’ve been fairly busy this week. We started a new schedule at work which was…interesting. Some of the change was better (fewer clients to document on), some of it was worse (more to do, essentially). Today we headed to the TACA fair and of course only bought food. I think that’s all I ever buy there. We got some Blackberry syrup and organic popcorn butter from the Amish booth. Mmmmmm. Then we headed to pick up the mugs I decorated for my co-workers. One is supposed to be Dwight from the Office (not my best work- remind me never to try to do a person again) and the other is Grumpy Cat. I seriously find that one to be hilarious. Funny how they both resonate with grumpy characters!
IMG_5937IMG_5938-2IMG_5934-2
After that we went out to lunch at Olive Garden before heading to run errands and grab some Halloween décor for the yard. What about Eli? Well here’s this week’s check-in.

Eli’s Size: He should be about 1 1/2 pounds and about the size of a squash.
Cravings: Key Lime Pie, chocolate, Starbuck’s Pumpkin spice latte’s 
Side effects: heartburn, foot and arm cramps/Charlie horses, round-belly pain, hip pain, moodiness. I became so sad one day this week. It was very weird as I had a good day. Still sleeping great! 9 hours one day this week.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Most awkward moment? Oh so many. My client asking if my belly was getting in the way of reaching across the table? (It was). Or perhaps the following conversation while I was eating lunch.
New Coworker: So, are you taking a break soon?
Me: I am. Right now.
New Coworker: I mean like a real break?
Me: I’m at lunch right now, on break.
Blank stares all around.
Me: You mean maternity leave??
haha I had 4 people in 2 days ask when I’m going on leave. I’m not due for more than 3 months people!
Best moment? Finally going on our date.
What we bought: We prepared a space for Eli’s stuff in the laundry room. For that, we bought a new, smaller trash can and a coat hanger. Here are some before & after's.
                          IMG_5929IMG_5930
                                    Looking in the doorway                      Looking towards the doorway
IMG_5939IMG_5944IMG_5942
              Looking in the doorway                         Looking towards the doorway (up)            Looking towards the doorway (down)

I thought about buying more storage, but decided to wait a bit longer until we know for sure what we’ll need. I think this set-up will work nicely. There’s no need to have our stroller upstairs and this will keep it nice and handy without being too obtrusive.

In other news? Optimus’ birthday is this Tuesday! We bought him a special bone to spoil him even more. Look at his face! Hahaha, he was sooooo elated.
    IMG_5917IMG_5924
That’s it for me right now. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m