Skip to main content

The Grand Exit

One small detail people sometimes forget is to plan for their final exit. Whether you plan your photog exit from the ceremony site or the reception, being sent off by your closest loved ones to start your new life as man and wife is a memorable moment that deserves some attention.
Based on reviews, I wouldn’t recommend sparklers. They are SO pretty, but I’ve read and heard about so many people getting burned or having their clothes burned! I really like the idea of throwing bird seed, but again, I’ve heard the seeds can get caught in your dress and become really uncomfortable. Still a cute idea if you plan to change before the reception, or if you plan to have your Grand Exit from the reception (be careful with this if your reception ends at night, this probably won’t photograph well).
For Natasha’s wedding, flower petals and confetti cannot be thrown because of Scarritt Bennett's guidelines (tough to clean up!). Here’s some alternative ideas for the exit.
Balloons! I think this is so whimsical and pretty, but may not “fly” with Natasha’s classically themed wedding. Party City sells white balloons at such a good price! Could be very budget friendly.
balloon exit at wedding
Butterflies! Totally gorgeous and not often done, a butterfly release at the exit is just so totally sweet. Down side? For every guest to have a butterfly to release, it would cost a small fortune. I totally think having the maid of honor and best man releasing the butterflies is still sweet.

Wedding wands- These make for such cute pictures and are totally fun. I especially love that you can add bells to the top of the wands. I really feel like these would be pretty easy to DIY too, which you know for me is always a plus.
150 Wedding Wands with 3 ribbons no bell outdoor ceremony sendoff bubbles birdseeds
Bubbles- always a fan favorite, but more often done than the other options. You really have to appreciate that they’re only 24 cents per bottle. They also look nice in photos.

Josh and I went with wish lanterns at the request of my 7 year old nephew. They were a little difficult to coordinate, and many of them burned up without getting off the ground (people have a tendency to rip the lantern when opening the package). Another downfall, it made the exit feel slow, if that makes sense. They did make for good pictures though, and they were definitely memorable. (Photo from our wedding by Amber Beckham Photography)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m