Skip to main content

Anias is 2!

Anias turns two today! We already had his birthday parties, as I get to work this Saturday and Josh works on Sunday. We threw him a car themed party, as our boy LOVES cars. He would get so excited seeing the decorations. Everywhere he went there was a beloved car. 

I always use their birthday wreaths year-round. I put them on their bedroom door as a little memento. We had to have "tires" to eat (chocolate donuts) and Anias stole SEVEN of them during his second party.
 I made his photo display out of a hula hoop I painted black with white dashes on them like a road. Then I strung some pretty ribbon between and photoshopped cars with the month number on each one and finally I added some car stickers.
The first day it was nice enough to play outside, but for his friend party we had to bring it inside due to rain.
The car wash was for sure the biggest hit. Eli, of course, had to spray his own self as 4 year olds do. 
 Playing with his cousin Lincoln.
He got a little distracted coloring the cars ha!
 He couldn't figure out the car photo booth- he just wanted to look at it from the front ha!
He had to bring his new camper toy with him to blow out candles. I didn't know he was so shy! Once we started singing he was done.
I'm pretty sure he didn't eat any cake either. It was all about that camper.
On his actual birthday we had a pancake breakfast and made him a number 2 shaped pancake (I stole it from a friend) and then had some cake in leftover car boxes from his second party. All in all, I think he was spoiled and happy. He's having a hard time adjusting to life not being all about him again ha!


I say new words like… Love ya, Roy, High five, help, hop, hike, cool
My favorite food is…cheese sticks. Mom has been having a hard time getting me to eat
My favorite toy is...my new Poli cars. When I opened them I insisted on sleeping with them and woke up saying "HI!" before screaming because I couldn't find Roy (the other robocar). 
Some other things I did include...jumping and hopping everywhere, pretending to be stuck under the couch and yelling 'help' until someone gets me out (only to get right back under). I play pretend with my brother a lot and I can count to three.  I love to make people laugh and I only will eat if I can sit on mom or dad's lap. I love to run and go hiking and I wear my new shoes around and tell people they're cool. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good