Skip to main content

20/20

Next month it will have been 36 months since we signed a contract on our land. As you probably know, we didn't close for 20 months then spent the last 16 months trying to accomplish our dream. We tried so hard to get appropriate plans- to get a timely turn around- to get bank approval. Every move we make seems to take 12x's longer than other people. Since we moved to Hendersonville 2 years ago they put up around 30 houses around our land. Why were they able to do that and we're still sitting here with raw land? Why has the bank still not completed their assessment in twice the timeframe stated? Whatever the reasons are for alllll the delays, I don't think it's going to happen. We would need to break ground early to mid July to get Eli at our desired school and it's like walking through mud. We put an offer in on a house. We'll probably continue to put offers in. I think it's safe to say we've given up. To be fair, I'm not sure that we were even pursuing our dream anymore. We had to get rid of so much due to constraints on the land and financial constraints as well. It is what it is. Any home can be a dream home with the right mindset so we'll see how it shakes out.

I've been super blessed lately with a busy season in photography. I'm so thankful for that and honestly- I need to get back at it! Onward and yonward as Nature Cat says.

Anias: 20 Months

I say new words like book, milk, call, car, hot, hat, eggies (eggs), go, toothbrush, bird, knock it off
My favorite food is anything I can sneak from the pantry- crackers to cereal
My favorite toy is...The Foot Book, any and all cars

Some other things I did include… Flipping over the couch and then liking it so much I tried it again, taking PB for walks on his leash inside the house, and developing a new dislike for mom taking wrappers off my granola bars and cheese sticks. I hugged the keifer mom put in the grocery cart because I was so glad to have some. I love mints and will stop randomly on walks to drive my toy motorcycle around.

Eli:

I know food gives me fuel and tell mom- "After this I'll have macaroni and it will charge me up like gas so I won't be tired." I ask why we can't see the earth and tell mom, "I'm lots of good. I trained!" I'm very sweet to brother and am trying desperately to earn money to buy a garbage truck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good