Skip to main content

Party like it's 19(99)

We're possibly potentially moving forward in building our house! It's been a loooong time. We get a lot of questions about how things are moving along and honestly it's been waiting with some more waiting for almost 3 years now.

We spent 20 months waiting for the purchase to go through. I'm happy about that in a lot of ways- I think we got a killer deal and it gave us time to pay for it in full. The guy we bought it from did a ton of work dealing with the city and we saved a lot living in Hendersonville. It's also been so hard. It's hard on Josh to drive 45 minutes to an hour and 45 minutes each day. It's hard on the kids to have no yard. It's hard on me to cook with half of my stuff in storage. I'm so ready to move forward! So what's been happening in the past 14 months?

We bought a set of plans that ended up not working on our land. We bought another set that was custom drawn to the land and it ended up being 100k over our budget to build and we didn't know that for 10 weeks- the time it took from plan to quote. We had the plans reduced by 300 sq feet to reduce some cost, but after waiting 2 weeks for redraws and 10 more weeks for another quote based on the new plans we really didn't reduce the cost. The lumber cost went up and they hadn't included cabinets, counters, or a contingency in the first quote. The new quote is actually 2k more than the first quote. We're hoping we won't eat into the contingency (25k) and are *only* about 80k over what we expected, but mannnnn. We moved some things around and now that we're debt free we're hopefully able to make it work- but even so we still need to wait and see if it will even get approved. The bank still needs comparables in the area, they have to assess our land and our townhouse, and they'll need to make sure we're financially able to carry the load before we'll know what's next.

I'm probably going to try to go back to work in some form to be able to pay for the kids' school. My business doesn't currently make enough to cover even half a year. I reinvest too much and there's a lot of expenses that go along with it. I'm so nervous that I won't be considered for the jobs I am applying for. I've been out of practice and I feel like cobwebs are shaking around in there. Even if I do get hired will I do a good job? Change is scary- wish me luck.

Anias: 19 months
I say new words like… Jesus, done, up, yes mom, baby, macaroni, dog, eat it, boo
I have 18 teeth
My favorite food is fruit pancakes
My favorite toy is Eli's SWAT car, magic trax cars
Some other things I did include… climbing all over everything. I love to stand on chairs and feed Peanut Butter. I get lots of time outs for pinching, scratching, pulling hair, and kicking. I wake up at 5am every day- sometimes 4 if you're lucky. I surprised mom by taking my toy hammer and hammering the neighbor's car. I try to get into parked cars and trucks and I'm obsessed with ride on toys. 
I weigh 22lbs 10oz (26th percentile) and am 32 1/2 inches tall (47th percentile). The doctor thinks I may grow to be 5'10". My head is 19" (73rd percentile) 

Eli:

I told mom I didn't want to kill the ant and instead I would roar "so he'll walk away". He later told us that he didn't want the ant to hurt. I say funny things like "What in the whole wide world" and "smoky cows!" When mom told me Anias was one and a half I asked if I was four and a half. She said just about so I asked "Mom and I 4 an a half because my number is broken?" I like to draw circles for stomachs which mom thought meant a big round belly, but it turns out I was drawing the inside, anatomical stomach. I blamed my kidneys for a potty accident I had and I love to play hamster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good