Skip to main content

Oh the traffic is horrific

Well, we were supposed to have been in Wyoming for  2 4 days now but the weather has prevented any sort of progress there so here we are. Saturday we got up at 4 am, drove to the airport, waited for tickets for 45 minutes, waited in security for 45 minutes, got on the delayed plane and waited for 30 minutes before they told us to get off because Denver couldn't accept any planes until noon. Then we got off the plane and waited for about an hour to get new tickets for the 19th, got our luggage and drove back home. It was about 7-8 hours of waiting for nothing. THEN on the 18th we got a message that our rescheduled flight had also been cancelled.

There's two types of packers. There's the ones who grab a few pieces of clothing the day of and probably forgot something (mom), and there's those of us who clean the whole house, update the baby books, wash the sheets, update the budget, etc. I'm the latter. So imagine doing that 3xs in one week. Blah. We're still trying though.

I'm pretty sure Eli thinks Christmas is over. We took down our tree around the 16th so we wouldn't come home to pine needles everywhere and we had our family Christmas the 11th so he could enjoy his new toys before we left. I was watching the Santa Claus last night and he was like "can I watch paw patrol?" Ha! He did tell me the other day that he loves Santa though which is hilarious since the last time he saw Santa he hid inside his hooded jacket.

So we're here...in a house with no decorations and Eli is missing out on making snow angels (he improvised and made some on our rug). He's been begging for his Deano the Dinosaur (packed) and asking when we'll get to see Grandma and Papa. I'm hoping we'll get there soon, but if not there's always Chinese food on the corner because, yeah, I'm definitely comfort eating.
My sweet friend came to meet Anias and brought me flowers! And wine! I have the best friends. 
Our family tradition of making gingerbread houses. Eli's gingerman looks, a hem, a little inappropriate- but he had more gummies on it that fell off (meaning- he ripped them off and ate them) before I got around to taking a picture. It's been thrown out since we tossed the tree.

Anias: Week 14

I love mirrors and watching my big brother. He doesn't even have to be doing anything, just looking at his face makes me smile, as does watching him run or play with his Code-a-pillar. I demand to be held, and will cry SO LOUDLY if you put me down, but if I'm not hungry I'll perk right up when I'm being held. My Zantac got increased this week since I'm growing so big, and that has helped me feel a lot better. I love to chew on my fingers.

Eli:
Eli's anteater vacuum, one of his favorite (so far) Christmas presents
"Take a picture of my hand"

I went to get Eli this morning and found him with about 15 diapers stuffed into his shirt. When I asked what he was doing, he said he was playing football. When packing he got upset that we didn't bring any jeans for Deano the dinosaur. I'm guessing he was worried Deano would be cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m