Skip to main content

And a baby makes 4

Oh man! So much has happened. Josh and I are expecting a new little baby this September- which is the most newsworthy information. We found out January 2 and I have been having morning (a hem- all day sickness, worse at night) since week 6. We heard the little 155 bpm heartbeat on February 23 and got the A-ok to share with the world. I wish I could tell you the gender because let's face it, I'm dying to shop, but unfortunately I won't know until late April. I have a feeling it's a girl- just because it feels different to me this time. With Eli I was exhausted all the time and had a little morning sickness which could be overcome with enough crackers and Zofran- with this one I feel pretty energetic but of course all the crackers in the world aren't enough and the Zofran is no longer an option. That's all I really have to go on- that and some wives tales- but I'll be happy either way.

We didn't tell everyone in fun ways. Our first news about the baby was that I had low progesterone and might miscarry- so we asked our parents and some prayer warrior friends to pray for us. Thankfully they have medication to even everything out and the labs are now looking great. I wish I had known it was pretty common so I didn't worry as much. We told my siblings by having my mother ask everyone to a family dinner. I facetimed them acting surprised they were at my parents while Josh mass texted a picture of the little one. We told some friends by texting them on Fat Tuesday 'What do I have in common with a King Cake? We both have babies inside'. We also sent out some fun Valentine's day cards as well.

Week 12

Baby's size: Apricot
Cravings: Fish (ewww, I order it because it sounds so good and it's so gross), mushrooms, salad (gives me heartburn), milk
Nicknames: Watermelon baby
Weight gain: 11 lbs, 9 of which were from weeks 4-7 when basically all I could tolerate was cheese

Week 14

Baby's Size: Turnip
Cravings: cookie dough ice cream, pickle sun flower seeds- which actually seem to help the nausea, turkey sandwiches with vinegar and oil
Symptoms: the nausea is pretty limited to late night now, but the round ligament pain is just not ideal. It kind of feels like being stabbed from the belly to your back. Oh! And crazy dreams
Weight gain: 12 pounds
At the doctor: baby's heart rate was 150 bpm on March 16

I promised myself I would treat this pregnancy just like Eli's, but it's been tough! Obviously the pictures are lower quality ha! I have felt incapacitated to a large extent, and with Eli running around and us selling the house it's been hard. Oh that- yes we sold our house!

One day I just felt better and impulsive and decided that hey, I don't want to move when I'm 6 months pregnant. We need to move NOW! So we took 2 weeks to clean, paint, pack and put the house on the market. It took 3 days to get the offer we wanted (we had 3) and now we're in a better position to buy another house.

We're definitely still building, but they estimate the building to take 9-12 months and we still haven't closed on our land. If we do close during the summer, most builders are booked solid until the fall and we need to get the plans approved by the city. I'm guessing 18 months from now is our best bet. I would love it if we could have baby #2's first birthday in our new/final house. So anyways- if we rent for 18 months that's 27k-30k down the drain. I'm not saying it won't happen, because the market is crazy right now, but if we can find a reasonable place to buy we'll make that back in 14-18 months (we'll rent it out when we move to our final house). We've seen 7 houses, put in 4 offers, and are waiting to see what happens!

We also paid off another debt. We're about 10k away from being done with all debt and I seriously cannot wait. We're looking forward to cable and gym memberships, regular haircuts, new glasses and shopping more than 1-2 times a year.

My New Year's resolution hasn't been going fantastically. I was able to go a full month (and then some) without coffee, as far as my daily yoga goal this February, I injured myself a week in and have struggled to get back on the bandwagon. I'd love to pick it back up but we'll see. March has been daily gratitude meditation. It's very calming before I go to sleep, but it hasn't stopped the weird pregnancy dreams.

Eli:


Eli likes to add "it" to the end of words. Rocket is rock, for example. He's smart and makes funny connections. For example, he called a lid a "cup hat" and thought peppercorn looked like dog food. Instead of "it is" he says "be". "Be hot" "Be cold" "Be broken". He tells you how he's feeling too and will say "I have fun, I happy". It's very very adorable. He has me build him train tracks daily and loves to destroy them like Godzilla. He loves singing and will sing to himself all day. He sings Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Skinamarinky Dinky Dink, Father finger where are you, One Little Finger, and the chorus of Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. His favorite book right now is Ten Apples up on Top. He loves having his hair played with and will let me hold him a couple of minutes a day just for that. He can identify circles now, which I only found out because he held up a funyon and told me ha! When I was putting him down for a nap one day he said to raccoon "Time out! What did I tell you? No no. I love you. Go play go play."  He uses his stuffed animals to get into the trouble he wants- like he used his stuffed animal monkey to turn on the vacuum and said "no no push the button." He is 3 feet 2 inches and 29 pounds.

No I'm going to go get my camera out and maybe take a decent photo!

-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m