Skip to main content

I delight myself in you

It’s been a big, busy month full of fun surprises. Let me see- I went to a cupcake decorating class at Faboo Cakes, chopped off 11 inches of hair for Pantene Beautiful Lengths, paid off another loan toward our goal of being debt-free, and enjoyed some flowers from Josh.

I’ve wanted to donate my hair for years now, but haven’t had the will to go dye free for so long. I mean, you grow 1/2 inch of hair a month, so to donate 11 inches (only 8 inches from my shortest layer) I had to be dye free for years- 22 months just for the donated portion, and since I wanted some hair left on my head, well, it took a while. I’m still learning to style the new do’, but so far I love it. It is not a time-save either, I have to say, but it’s not too much work.

We’ve been doing pretty well on going debt-free. We initially had a lower goal in mind, but since August (the last time we paid off a loan), Josh’s car crapped out and we were in a bind for a new one. So far we’ve paid off about 82k. It’s not always easy being on a budget, especially since we’ve moved to a one income household, but it’s been worth it. My number one help- Kroger. Seriously with coupons (digital and paper), we saved $110 last month. We are in such a better place to pursue our goals of building a house and traveling more- and the time I’ve spent at home with Eli has been priceless. He is so precious and growing so fast. I can’t believe how he just toddles around and talks like no big deal. The other day I was dusting and vacuuming, and he is such a little helper. He followed behind me with the Swifer duster and picked up the vacuum cord for me. I don’t know why, but my heart just swelled. I delight in him, my precious son. 

Eli and I also made it 4 days on our own while Josh was in San Francisco for work. We had lots of coffee and park time to make it bearable, but we are both glad Josh is home. It’s not the same without him. He is good to me! I had two girls days out since he’s been back to just recuperate.  Overall, life is good!
21IMG_4003before afterdebt free
Tonight is our first ReSOUNDING Peace class at Oasis Church. I’m so excited to be able to teach people how to overcome anxiety and I’m looking forward to learning how to use music therapy to promote wellness in my own life. You should check it out! It’s free and hopefully will bless many.
In other news- Eli’s operation is Friday. He’s finally getting tubes put in his ears, so I’m hopeful he’ll get some relief.

Eli: 14 months
feb1IMG_3985IMG_3987
IMG_4096IMG_4103IMG_4104IMG_4114IMG_4150IMG_4099
I say new words like… “Josh”, “go”, “BOOM!”, and “night night”
I have 14 teeth
I weigh ? Last I was assessed, I was 22 lbs 10 oz, but we’ll find out more Friday!
My favorite food is baby bell cheese and anything remotely sweet
My favorite toy is my CAT Train and my Very Hungry Caterpillar book
Some other things I did include… feeding myself snacks. I crawl into the cabinet and get cereal or crackers and just snack away. I learned how to flush a toilet and I point at myself in pictures (and the mirror). I love to brush my teeth and I hide in the corner of the bathtub when I don’t want to get out. I love to sing, and will do the roll motion for patticake and will bounce up and down when mom sings Five Little Monkeys. My favorite time of the day is when dad is home and we all play chase.
A memorable moment for mom was…when I opened the cabinet to get something for dinner and a balloon floated out. Another- not so fun- moment was when Eli figured out how to use the drawer under the oven plus the oven handle to haul himself up to see what I was cooking on the cooktop. Oh my goodness this child!

Have a great March! I’m looking for more kiddos and families to photograph while I build my portfolio so if you or someone you know is interested let me know!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m