Skip to main content

Love is in the air

Wow! It feels like I haven’t written for years. What a difference three weeks makes. So, as you can tell, I’m dropping down Eli’s documentation to once a month now that he’s one. I would definitely have enough material to do it weekly, but I want to be able to do for our future child(ren) whatever I do for Eli. This year my goal is to have 4 steady pictures a month. Two of scale (one with his elephant, one with his chair), one with something that is his favorite, and one portrait so we can see how his face changes over his toddlerhood- everything else is gravy. Before we get into his update I’ll just touch on the happenings of the rest of the family.

Starting Tuesday I am going to be a guest speaker for a 6 week small group focusing on overcoming anxiety using Biblical tools and techniques. I have been spending most nights writing up material and sending it to the leader, my great friend Natasha. It’s been pretty busy, but it’s also been exciting and encouraging. I am so thrilled she thought of me and I’m seriously looking forward to sitting in her portion of the group as well which will use music therapy. Please be praying for us both as we put ourselves out there. Pray that God uses us to bless the group and further his kingdom. And hey- if you’re interested you can still sign up here.

Josh and I just celebrated Valentine’s Day last weekend. We went to a Preds game which was actually a lot of fun. I wouldn’t mind going a lot more often, especially when Eli gets into it. How fun will that be? Then we went to The Southern and I know Nashvillians are going to kill me, but…it was okay. Yes! Just OKAY. I obviously built it up in my mind to be de-licious, so I was not super impressed. Take me to Flemings any day. I’m a simple kind of girl. Overall though, I give the day itself two thumbs up.

Other than that we had a bit of snowfall and then 60 degree weather. Hey- I’m for it. 
IMG_3786IMG_3785

Eli: Month 13
IMG_3897IMG_3903IMG_3962IMG_3904IMG_3958IMG_3841IMG_3846IMG_3891
IMG_3943
Spaghetti face
IMG_3949IMG_3945
Post nap hair
IMG_3913IMG_3924
I say new words like… “No”, “dog”, and “this”
I have 13  teeth
I weigh 22 lbs 10 oz
My favorite food is chicken tortellini and blueberries
My favorite toy is my walker and my stuffed otter
Some other things I did include… sleeping through the night twice! I met my new doctor, who said he thinks I’ll grow up to be 5’ 9”! I like to drain the bath when I’m done, try to jump the baby gate, run my walker into Kito, and climb, climb, climb.  I love Mother Goose story time at the library. I sit there so attentively and quietly. I am one of the happiest babies around. Even though I’m walking, I still like my walker because I can run with that.

Have a great Feb!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your décor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as décor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...