Skip to main content

Love is in the air

Wow! It feels like I haven’t written for years. What a difference three weeks makes. So, as you can tell, I’m dropping down Eli’s documentation to once a month now that he’s one. I would definitely have enough material to do it weekly, but I want to be able to do for our future child(ren) whatever I do for Eli. This year my goal is to have 4 steady pictures a month. Two of scale (one with his elephant, one with his chair), one with something that is his favorite, and one portrait so we can see how his face changes over his toddlerhood- everything else is gravy. Before we get into his update I’ll just touch on the happenings of the rest of the family.

Starting Tuesday I am going to be a guest speaker for a 6 week small group focusing on overcoming anxiety using Biblical tools and techniques. I have been spending most nights writing up material and sending it to the leader, my great friend Natasha. It’s been pretty busy, but it’s also been exciting and encouraging. I am so thrilled she thought of me and I’m seriously looking forward to sitting in her portion of the group as well which will use music therapy. Please be praying for us both as we put ourselves out there. Pray that God uses us to bless the group and further his kingdom. And hey- if you’re interested you can still sign up here.

Josh and I just celebrated Valentine’s Day last weekend. We went to a Preds game which was actually a lot of fun. I wouldn’t mind going a lot more often, especially when Eli gets into it. How fun will that be? Then we went to The Southern and I know Nashvillians are going to kill me, but…it was okay. Yes! Just OKAY. I obviously built it up in my mind to be de-licious, so I was not super impressed. Take me to Flemings any day. I’m a simple kind of girl. Overall though, I give the day itself two thumbs up.

Other than that we had a bit of snowfall and then 60 degree weather. Hey- I’m for it. 
IMG_3786IMG_3785

Eli: Month 13
IMG_3897IMG_3903IMG_3962IMG_3904IMG_3958IMG_3841IMG_3846IMG_3891
IMG_3943
Spaghetti face
IMG_3949IMG_3945
Post nap hair
IMG_3913IMG_3924
I say new words like… “No”, “dog”, and “this”
I have 13  teeth
I weigh 22 lbs 10 oz
My favorite food is chicken tortellini and blueberries
My favorite toy is my walker and my stuffed otter
Some other things I did include… sleeping through the night twice! I met my new doctor, who said he thinks I’ll grow up to be 5’ 9”! I like to drain the bath when I’m done, try to jump the baby gate, run my walker into Kito, and climb, climb, climb.  I love Mother Goose story time at the library. I sit there so attentively and quietly. I am one of the happiest babies around. Even though I’m walking, I still like my walker because I can run with that.

Have a great Feb!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m